intro

hello my wonderful readers. forehead kisses to u all

welcome to my wonderful little twd corner where i write all things daphne ayala & twdu.

this book is to answer any and all questions you all may have as you're reading as well as extra info or scenes that i don't include in the main story

to answer a few questions right off the bat:

q: does negan kill daphne?

a: i made the prologue as obscure as possible for a reason. i'm a sucker for the type of openers that leave you wondering whether the OC survives the super horrible death scene of the series or not. so, i will not be answering this question. you'll have to read to find out.

q: are you changing the storyline?

a: there's parts of the book that will directly follow the show's plot but in some way or another, daphne will affect the overall dialogue/story. personally i don't like it when books just write the script the entire time. though i am guilty of this myself at some points throughout my book but sometimes i can't help it. that's why i try to include a different pov if i can't change an actual event from the show. prime example: chapter six (glenn's pov getting kidnapped)

q: who is the love interest?

a: endgame = dick. LOL rick and daphne. that's their ship name now i don't give a fuck. there will be different love interests/relationships in the story for the drama but dick prevails.

q: why are daphne and shane so close?

a: their relationship is complex. they survived the initial outbreak together and that alone will make anyone incredibly close. despite the arguments or the misunderstandings, shane is always going to be someone daphne will instinctively reach out for. they've had each other's backs from day one. so if you think i'm being a little back-and-forth or inconsistent, i'm staying true to daphne's character!!! characters are complex. PEOPLE are complex.

q: how old is rick in this book?

a: i originally aged him down only a few years and carl as well. however i now don't think that's entirely necessary but i'll keep it consistent since i already said it on ao3. rick is 29, nearing 30 at the beginning of the book. carl is 9.

one last thing, here's the character info i included on my ao3 page: