1-8: Guardians of the Galaxy

Third P.O.V 

As if in slow motion, Peter goes to grab for the power stone. Ronan doing the same as they both reach for it. "No!" Gamora yells. Once Peter grabs the power stone the air around him started to swirl. His hand glowing purple as he held onto the power stone. Peter yells at the pain from the force of the power stone. His skin burning as the power stone practically absorbs his live. The others caught in the purple cyclone that the power stone was creating. Peter stands his ground as the floor and his body glows veins of purple. 

"Peter! Take my hand!" River yells as she holds her hand out to her brother. Wanting to help him withstand the power of the stone. River's heart clenched as she saw her brother's face practically flaking away from the stone's power. Peter was brought back to the moment their mom died. The moment she asked for him to take her hand and he didn't. "Mom.." Peter said as his eyes teared up. "No matter what, Peter. I'm always here for you. Everything we do, we do together." River said as her eyes teared up. Peter remembered her saying that too the day their mother died. 

He nods and reaches out for his sister as she grabs the hand that was holding the stone. The both of them holding it together. . Her body glowing purple like Peters. Gamora follows suit as she grab's Peter's arm. Drax then makes his way through and touches gamora's shoulder. Rocket then comes over and grab's River's hand. The five of them glowing purple and skin cracking as the power of the stone surges through them all.

 The five of them glowing purple and skin cracking as the power of the stone surges through them all

The stand strong as they face Ronan, being able to withstand the impact of the power stone. "You're mortal. How?" Ronan said in disbelief seeing the two hold the power stone in the palm of their hands. "You said it yourself, Bitch. We're the guardians of the galaxy." Peter said as he and River open their palm. The power stone releasing a current that takes Ronan's body. He floats into the air as his body glows, waves and strikes of the power stone destroying him. Ronan yells as his body crackles and explodes. Peter and River then quickly put the power stone into the orb that keeps it protected. 

The purple cyclone stops as the five of them catch their breath. River gives her brother a hug, not caring about the fact that her body hurts like hell. Peter returning it. "Well, well, well. Quite the light show. Ain't this sweet." Yondu said as he and the Ravengers surround them. The five of them look towards the crowd. "But you got some business to attend to before all the nookie-nookie starts." Yondu said. "Peter, you can't." Gamora urges. Knowing the power stone does not belong in the hands of the Ravengers to sell off. "You gotta reconsider this, Yondu. I don't know who you're selling this to. But the only way the universe can survive is if you give it to the Nova Corps." Peter said. "I may be as pretty as an angel,..." he said as he revealed his arrow. "...but i sure as hell ain't one. Hand it over son." Yondu said as he held his hand out. 

Peter pulled out the orb and handed it to Yondu. Who laughs as he dismisses the other Ravengers. "Yondu. Do not open that orb. You know that right?" River asked as Yondu turned around. "You seen what it does to people." Peter added. Yondu gave a pointed finger at the two with a smirk and walked off with the others. Yondu and Kraglin look down at the five of them from the ascending ship. "Yeah, the Quills turned out okay. It's probably good we didn't deliver them to their dad like we was hired to do." Kraglin said. "Yeah, that guy was a jackass." Yondu said as the ship took off.