Chapter 28: Do we have to go home?

Start from the beginning

"Call me crazy," Deathbringer said, "But I think she's got older." Glory grinned.

Amber glanced up from her sculpture as she heard the familiar noise of Joy's talons. 

"Hey, Joy," Raindrop greeted her, not even looking up from his painting. It wasn't unusual for her to visit. Joy ran towards her brother, grabbing Raindrop.

"Come with me," Joy ordered.

"Why?" He questioned, Joy stared at him.

"They're here." She told him. Raindrop dropped his paintbrush and ran out of the room with Joy, leaving Amber confused

Raindrop quickly followed Joy. "Do you know where Hunter is?' Raindrop asked, Joy shook her head. "Just look for two hybrids that are in love," She said, they both laughed.

As they turned a corner they saw two hybrids that were in love.

"Hey lovebirds, sorry to interrupt," Joy apologised, making Hunter roll his eyes, "But Hunter our parents are here," Hunter smiled at the thought of seeing his mother and father. 

"I guess I'll come to see them as well." Twilight said, "And Joy I've told you multiple times that Hunter and I are not lovebirds." Joy raised her eyebrows, "Sure," She said sarcastically.

Joy turned around, "Fine, then let's race. If Raindrop or I win you guys have to admit you love each other, and if one of the lovebirds wins I'll stop calling you two lovebirds," Joy stuck out her talon and Twilight shook it, smiling, "Deal."

The four raced to Glory and Deathbringer.

The two saw their three dragonets and Twilight racing towards them, Raindrop at the back and Twilight in the front, with Joy trailing close behind. Joy knew she was going to lose, so she simply tripped Twilight.

Joy had won. "HA! Look who won!" Joy exclaimed proudly. Glory whacked her daughter on the head.

"Ow! What was that for?" Joy whined. Glory looked at his daughter, and she sighed, "That was for tripping Twilight," Twilight smiled at Joy, making her frown.

"What are you doing?" Raindrop asked, as he finally got near them. 

"Sunny asked us to escort any dragons that wanted to come home," Glory explained. Their eyes widened. 

"Do we have to go?" Hunter asked, Deathbringer and Glory exchanged a glance.

"Do you want to?" She questioned.

"No!" They said in unison.

"Then you don't have to," Deathbringer reassured. Joy let out a sigh of relief.

"Have you made any friends?" Joy nodded.

"I've made a whole bunch. I'm friends with Clay's daughter, Amber, Tsunami's twins, Kelp and Stream, Starflights son, Clawflyer, and a bunch more." She replied.

"I'm friends with Amber too, and that's it," Raindrop admitted.

"I haven't made much either," He reassured his brother.

"It's because you and Twilight have been kissing too much," Joy joked. Raindrop laughed.

"We haven't even kissed yet!" Hunter and Twilight argued back.

Glory raised an eyebrow, "Yet?" She asked, making Hunter and Twilight blush. Joy gasped, "I knew it! You two love each other," She declared. 

Later...

Moon glanced around at her friends in the Prey Center. Most of them didn't stick together when they didn't need to but Moon did a little bit. Winter never sat with them. but the others mostly sat together near the fruit pile. Clawflyer and Amber on one rock, Pearl, Deep, and Seabringer on another, Kelp and Stream on the next, Joy, Raindrop, Qibli, and Moon on the big one, Turtle and Kinkajou on the next one, and the last rock had Twilight and Hunter on it. Moon frowned.

"How do you do it?" Moon asked. They glanced at her. 

"Do what?' Joy asked. 

"Go about your day not hearing any thoughts but your own?" Moon explained.

"It's simple," Qibli offered. "We don't know any different. We don't know what it's like to hear everyone's thoughts all the time, and you don't know what it's like just hearing only your thoughts. So, it's easy for us because we're used to it." He explained. Before Moon could reply. Clawflyer gasped, and a loud CRACK echoed through the caves as a stalactite fell from the ceiling, and plummeted to the ground. 

A/N Another long chapter. Plus another SHIP. What do you guys think of Hunter (Shadhunter) and Twilight? 

1263 words

-Ethan