Chapter 9: Assassin

The Scorpion den was bustling with business, but a certain gang wanted an assassin.

This gang was called Dragon-bite, the second most powerful gang in the Scorpion den this gang was known for the amount of illegal things they sold.

A sandwing assassin named Quicksand was in the top 20 assassins only behind his sister.

Quicksand had the advantage, hoping he could get a job since Euphoria the best assassin in the Scorpion den wasn't doing business today.

Euphoria was trained by one of the best nightwing assassins or maybe even the best. She was a sandwing rainwing hybrid although nobody knew she was part rainwing since she kept it a secret.

Quicksand was searching for a job and he may just be in luck since the Dragon-bite needed one.

The assassin went searching for someone who needed his service and he found someone, the leader of the Dragone-bite, Coyote.

Coyote saw Quicksand and went up to talk to him.

"Hey, Quicksand I need you to assassinate two princes."

"Who are these princes?" Quicksand asked.

"They're Raindrop and Shadehunter," Coyote told Quicksand.

Quicksand nodded thinking he could get it done, "I will be able to do it." Quicksand said.

"Be careful about their dad, Deathbringer" Coyote deadpanned.

Quicksand laughed, "He's retired, I wouldn't worry I'll be able to do it." 

With that, they went their separate ways.

Coyote doubted Quicksand but he couldn't get to Euphoria so Quicksand had to do.

The Rainforest

The twins were flying home when Raindrop saw some pale yellow scales, he told Hunter what he saw but Hunter only replied saying don't worry. 

Hunter was wrong because they did have to worry, the sandwing lunged out at them only to be stopped by Deathbringer, who rammed into Quicksand.

Quicksand's ribs nearly broke from the impact but Quicksand was determined to increase his reputation.

The assassin and ex-assassin stared at each other waiting for the next move, Quicksand quickly lunged for Deathbringer's throat but Deathbringer being one of the top 3 assassins of his time easily dodged the attack.

Deathbringer's movements were slower than what they used to be but he could still move as fast as Quicksand, with the new fighting tactics Quicksand got the upper hand.

Deathbringer was shoved into a tree only to get instantly punched by Quicksand, Deathbringer was losing the battle, his once exceptional skills were now decent.

Everything Quickstrike had trained him for was going to be put to waste.

A scream erupted from the trees as Deathbringer looked up he saw a lime, green Glory this gave Deathbringer new determination and he quickly dodged Quicksand's barb that was heading for his heart and pinned him to the ground disabling his tail instantly, as soon as Quicksand was pinned he was dead.

Quicksand lay in a pool of blood some his own and some Deathbringer's.

20 seconds before Quicksand's death

Glory was flying back to her hut when she saw Deathbringer get pinned to a tree.

She screamed at the top of her lungs.

Deathbringer looked up at her.

Glory grew with fear and nervousness, but as soon as her scales changed was as soon as Deathbringer got out and pinned the sandwing. Deathbringer slit the sandwing throat and looked up at Glory with a smug grin on his face.

Glory turned to a calm blue and a relieved yellow.

She instantly flew down to Deathbringer and kissed him, thankful that he survived. 

"Did someone think I would die?" Deathbringer questioned amused.

"Yes, I did think you were gonna die," Glory said worriedly and whacked Deathbringer with her tail when he laughed.

"Let's get home," Glory began "Then we can kiss more."

Deathbringer giggled "Yes let's get home so we can kiss and have dinner."

The two lovebirds flew home, without knowing how much more assassins they will have to deal with.

A/N That is chapter 9 I'm thinking of getting to chapter 11 today but I may not be able to.

613 words

-Ethan