Chapter 19: Quickstrike

A/N Quickstrike is softer than in the books, as she has been roughly 10 years on this island.

Quickstike's eyes fluttered open.

She swiftly got up and started to stretch her sore muscles.

Quickstrike looked back at her bed. Her husband, Drift, started groggily getting up.

"Morning, Dirft," Quickstrike teased.

"Morning," Drift huffed.

Quickstrike laughed, "You're still sore from last night, aren't you." She teased. Drift just looked at her, annoyed at her teasing. Quickstirke laughed and walked out of the room.

Drift stayed there for a few moments before getting up.

Quickstrike was sitting down, thinking back to that night 10 years ago.

That was the worst but the best night of her life.

"Mum," A dragonet said.

Quickstrike turned around to see the dragonet, "Yes, what is it, Deep?" Quickstrike asked

"Have you heard of this place called Jade Mountain?" Deep asked.

Quickstrike nodded her head. "What about it?"

"Well, Drift told me that there is going to be a school that allows all dragons to go, and I was wondering if Pearl, Seabringer and I could go?" Deep asked.

"How do you know there will be a school?" Quickstrike asked.

"Um..." Deep paused. "Dad told me."

"Then I assume Drift's fine with it, so sure, you guys have to leave this island someday," Quickstrike said.

Deep's eyes widened. He was leaving this island and was going to meet other dragons. He quickly ran off to tell his siblings.

Quickstrike looked towards the room that Drift just come out of.

"I heard you told the dragonets something," Quickstrike stated.

Drift froze. "Yeah... I did," Drift admitted.

"But it wasn't bad, I promise!" He exclaimed.

"Do you want them to go?" Quickstrike asked, now looking away and towards the dragonet's room.

Drift paused, thinking, do I want them to go? Do I want them to leave us?

"Drift, I think we let them go to the school. We should start living with the tribes again." Quickstrike added.

"You're right. But where should we go?" Drift asked.

Quickstrike looked back at him and smiled.

"The Rainforest." She said.

The three dragonets walked into the same room as their parents.

"Are we really going?" Seabringer asked.

Quickstrike nodded. "Yes, Drift and I both agreed on you three going," Quickstrike said, rolling her eyes.

"Yes!" Pearl exclaimed.

A smile grew on the dragonets and Drift's faces, and Quickstrike plastered a smile on her face.

Quickstrike never wants to leave this island as it's the only place she has felt happy... after... his death.

Drift noticed the fake smile but didn't ask about it. He didn't want the dragonets to worry about their mother.

The flight there...

The flight would take a maximum of 4 days, so Quickstrike made sure the 3 dragonets got plenty of rest.

The three dragonets were laughing and spinning around in the air. At the same time, the two parents were talking.

"Do you think we'll be allowed in the Rainforest?" Drift asked.

"Of course, why wouldn't we be allowed?' Quickstrike asked.

Deep turned his head to face his parents. "Mum, do you think other dragons would like us?" He asked.

Quickstrike paused. "Why wouldn't they?" She asked.

"Because we're hybrids," Deep said.

Quickstrike sighed, "That's no reason to hate someone."

"You're right," Deep admitted and flew off to be with his siblings.

The group of 5 had just reached the Mud Kingdom.

"How much longer?" Deep asked.

The dragonets had finally started getting tired.

"We just reached the Mud Kingdom," Quickstrike answered.

The dragonets had started to slow down.

Quickstrike noticed that they started to slow down, so she slowed down to make sure to stay close.

"We can get to the Rainforest by nightfall if we hurry," Quickstrike said.

The dragonets listened to their mother and started going a bit faster.

Entering the Rainforest...

"We're here!" Quickstrike exclaimed.

The dragonets looked around with wide eyes, taking in every detail of the trees.

"Woah, this is so cool," Seabringer marvelled.

"I know, this is cool," Deep agreed.

While the dragonets were in awe over this newfound beauty, a Rainwing came out of the trees.

"Uh, who are you?" she asked.

Quickstrike turned around to see a dark emerald Rainwing with orange around her ears and on her wings.

"Oh, I'm Quickstrike, and this is my husband Drift, and these three are our dragonets," Quickstrike explained.

The Rainwing nodded, "And why are you here?"

"Oh, we were originally living on an island near the Sea Kingdom and finally decided to live with the tribes again," Quickstrike explained further.

The Rainwing nodded again.

"Well, I'll take you to the Nightwing village," She said.

"Thank you, and what's your name?" Quickstrike asked.

The Rainwing turned to face her.

"My name is Glory, but call me Queen Glory," Glory explained.

Quickstrike froze. She wasn't expecting to meet the Queen, and here of all places.

A/N Here's the chapter I promised, I couldn't think of any other ideas. The next chapter will be Glory and Deathbringer talking about sending their dragonet to JMA.

740 Words

-Ethan