The Louder Than Life venue is 45 minutes away from us, so we still had time to spare when we arrived. During the car ride, we jammed to our *Music Festival Playlist* on Spotify.

45 minutes later - - - -

"WE ARE HERE," Kelly screamed. 

"RAHHH," I squealed. 

We arrived 30 minutes before opening of the doors and we went ahead and lined up. The line wasn't horrendously long. During the wait, I looked up the band schedule on my phone. 

"Okay, so Falling in Reverse doesn't perform until 6pm and Motley doesn't go on until 8pm. We can get some food and start lining up to be close to the stage. We can watch the other performers in the meantime.. OOO we can see Lilith Czar!! She will be performing at 1pm and its 11:55pm right now," I respond excitedly. 

"Sounds like a plan," Kelly cheers.

We grab food at one of the local vendors and take a few pictures in front of the signs before we head to the stage area.

6 hours later....

"Oh my gosh. Kelly- We are about to hear Ronnie Radke live," I freeze in front of the barricade. 

She responds with a squeal. 

"Wait oh my gosh. Do you have your sign?" she asks.

I pull out my sign out of my bag that reads *Spending my 21st birthday with you* It has pictures of a few performers around the border.

Soon the lights on the stage start to turn blue and purple. Kelly and I both scream. Christian, Tyler, Max, and Johnny start to gather on the stage to their instruments. Then Ronnie appears with a huge smile on his face and waves to the crowd. I put my sign up in hopes he would see it. 

The band starts to perform: Zombified, I'm Not a Vampire, Losing My Mind, and Good Girls Bad Guys.

I sing along to the lyrics the whole time. About halfway through the set, before starting the next song which I presume is "The Drug In Me is You." Ronnie points to me and says in the microphone- 

"You're 21? You don't look it. Happy Birthday! *he laughs and pauses for a moment.* You know what I'll buy you a drink after my set." 

I cheer and mouth thank you. He smirks and starts to sing. 

Ronnie looks at me as he finishes the song. 

"To the birthday girl, what song should we sing next?"

I look around and shocked Ronnie is talking to me again. 

"Yes, you," he laughs.

Kelly nudges me in the sign. "Not Good Enough For Truth In Cliche," I shout.

"Oh, wow an oldie. *chuckles* Hope you all know the words to this one," Ronnie says in the mic. 

Throughout the whole song, Ronnie stares at me like he's dedicated the song to me. i yell the lyrics at the top of my lungs and dance. Little does he know my name is Juliet.

Falling in Reverse set finishes at 7:15pm. 

I look at Kelly, "Oh wow."

She responds, "Ronnie had his eyes for you, Juliet."

Before she could continue, a security guard came up to us and motioned for us to follow him. We exit the barricade wall and follow him. I grab Kelly's hand because I was terrified about actually meeting Ronnie. We didn't actually think this would actually happen. The security guard takes us backstage and stops in front of a door which I presume is one of the dressing rooms. He knocks and the door opens revealing a sweaty Ronnie and the rest of the band on the couch. 

"Hey," he responds shyly while scratching his head. "Happy Birthday by the way."

"Thank you," I curtesy and blush. 

"About that drink. Follow me," We follow Ronnie to the bar at the back of the stage. I didn't realize that stage area was so spacious. 

"Wow. I didn't realize that the stage area was so spacious," I say in shock.

Ronnie stops at a table in the bar area. "Yeah, it's a big area," he chuckles. "What kind of drink can I get two beautiful ladies?"

I shrug, "I've never drank before, so I have no idea? Maybe something fruity." 

Kelly interrupts, "I'll take a Blueberry mojito with a squeeze of lemon. Please and thank you."

Ronnie nods and recommends me to get a Strawberry Margarita. 

Ronnie grabs our drinks and gets a water for himself. He finds a table for us to sit at and we join. 

"So, tell me ladies about yourself," he sits down. 

"I am Juliet. It's my 21st birthday and first time at Louder Than Life. I'm from Kentucky. I'm a huge rock n' roll person. I practically grew up on it," I giggle.

"That explains the song choice," he chuckles.

Ronnie smiles then looks over at Kelly. I clear my throat. Kelly looks up from her drink and is already finished. 

"Oh I- I'm Kelly. Pretty much same thing as what Juliet said. I can just go over here and let you both talk," she starts to push the chair out and leave the table.

"Hey, what's up man," I hear a man appear at the table greeting at Ronnie. 

I was still looking at Kelly and she paused from walking away at the table and made eye contact with me. I know that voice from anywhere. As many interviews, live performances, and radio shows I watched I could recognize that voice from a mile away. My hero, the man I grew fond of over many years is talking to Ronnie at this very second. 

I turn back to Ronnie as he is talking to the man. The man makes eye contact with me and Kelly. 

"Hey, Dave Grohl nice to meet ya." 

I stare in astonishment. 

Kelly clears her throat because this is too big for me to handle. 

"I'm Kelly," she reaches her hand out. "This is Juliet. She can be shy sometimes in front of people she admires," she reaches out and squeezes my hand for reassurement. 

"Ah not a problem. I totally get it, it happens. I heard it's your 21st birthday Juliet? Happy Birthday and I hope Ronnie is not being an asshole." 

I laugh, "Thank you. No, Ronnie is an absolute sweetheart. He bought us some drinks."

Dave pats Ronnie on the shoulder, "That's Ronnie for you."

"Anyways I should be heading out soon. Are you girls staying to watch Motley?"

"Yes, we are," I proclaim excitedly.

Dave and Ronnie chuckle. "There goes her shy side," Dave says.

"We are going to be watching them from backstage if you both wanted to join," Ronnie asked.

We both nod. All four of us gathered back of the stage and watched Motley perform. Kelly and I got a few pictures with the band too. After their setlist was over, it was time to leave. Looking at my phone, it's 11:30pm. 

Kelly and I start to leave the backstage area until someone grabs my arm. I turn around it's Ronnie. "Do you both need an Uber or a ride home?"

"No, I think we should be fine. Thank you though." I start to feel a little dizzy. How many drinks did I drink I think to myself.

Dave steps in the conversation, "I don't think so," grabbing my arm to steady me on my feet. 

I trip over a guitar cord, and someone catches me. I try to look up to see who it was, but my eyes start to shut down. 

This is my first chapter! Hope you all enjoy :) 

word count : 1542.