𝙑𝘼𝙇𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙀𝙎 𝘿𝘼𝙔 ; 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

chuuya had invited you to dinner.

..and he was late.

chuuya is not one to be late. if anything, he is usually early or perfectly on time. something must have held him up.

yet, you can't help but feel a deep sense of worry.

but deep down, you know he's strong. he can handle almost anything you throw at him. you can't deny the fact that it's almost embarrassing to be sitting alone on valentine's day.

you decide to wait.

chuuya was standing in front of the mirror, his brows furrowed. he can't decide wether or not he likes his outfit.

if he looks worthy enough for you.

i mean, it's valentine's day. he wants to make sure everything is perfect.

until it isn't.

"dazai," he groans, meeting his eyes through the mirror.

dazai always seemed to show up at the worst times. it never failed.

he can't say he's entirely shocked though. dazai knew people who could find the two of you.

it's like he can never truly escape the mafia. it'll follow him, no matter where he goes.

"valentines dinner?" he hums, walking up beside him, looking at his suit. "you look like shit."

chuuyas throat bobs as he swallows his words. violence won't get him anywhere yet. he pays down the black linen, brushing off the orange hairs.

[name], as the two of you named the cat, rubs against his leg, purring softly.

dazai picks her up, holding her close to his chest as he scratches at her head.

his brow raises, watching as chuuya sniffles. "aren't you allergic to cats?"

"can you fuck off?"

chuuya raises his voice, shaking his head as he tries to calm down.

dazai chuckles, taking a seat on the bed behind them, [name] lies on his lap, nesting her head into her tail.

"cute cat." he says, taking a picture of her.

"be serious, do i look okay?"

chuuya would rather die than take advice from dazai, and yet, he's too nervous to wing it.

dazai looks him over. he can't help but notice that something is missing. he's not quite sure what it is.

until he is.

"eyeliner," he hums, moving the cat off his lap, and standing up, walking over to the desk in the corner of the room.

he finds [f/n]s makeup bag, and searches for eyeliner.

"eyeliner?" chuuya repeats, looking at his eyes in the mirror.

"eyeliner fixes everything."

so, like two absolute bros, dazai helps chuuya put on eyeliner.

and it does fix the look.

chuuya looks in the mirror once again, looking at how the eyeliner makes his eyes appear more.. seductive, in a way.

"perhaps you should lose the gun," he nods towards the holster on his thigh.

dazai never comes without a plan. whatever he is trying to do, he needs chuuya to not have a gun.

this time, chuuya doesn't say anything. he just slides his coat on, his hat following close after.

"okay, okay, wait. i'm here because i need your help." dazai urges, blocking the only way out. "..i need your help.. to find ranpo." he sounds uncertain about it. something is going on.