[Arc 1] Chapter 4 : The Valentina Sibilings

Seraphina's POV:

         Carriages were seen approaching from all directions.Seraphina was sitting in a carriage with the grand duke, calmly looking out the window.

"Why have you only adopted me?"Seraphina asked coldly.

       It had moved into Seraphina's carriage.Isasiah sat beside the grand duke, while Theodore slept peacefully in the duke's arms.Isasiah did not interrupt the conversation between the duke and the girl as he closed his eyes and folded his arms with a frown.Issac sat beside Seraphina.He sat in the opposite corner, and in the center was a talkative Kate, who talked nonstop to Isaac while he "listened" by nodding at everything she said.

"You are aware of your sister.She is naive and disoriented.But she can be mature in some situations."Grand Duke spoke with a straight face as he looked at Seraphina, who was glaring at him.

Her eyes returned to their usual sharpness, and she responded with a sigh.

"My sister has always been like that.She sometimes does things alone in her own way.It is unpredictable what her next move will be." Seraphina spoke as she looked over to the window, which revealed a faint reflection of herself.

Her eyes brightened as she saw the sun setting.They were still in the carriage, slowly moving to the banquet as they passed by citizens.She noticed the Palace was a little far away, but large enough to be seen by the small concrete buildings.It was huge and enormous.Lights were strung throughout the village as the children played happily.

"You sisters are complete opposites.Your calm while she's panicking."Grand Duke spoke as he lightly patted Theodore's head.Seraphina was the only one who noticed his slight smile that appeared on his face.

"You are quite soft for a Duke known as the country's 'Reaper.'The opposite of what I'd expected."
Seraphina spoke as she shifted her gaze away from the window and towards him.

"That is something that people often say to me.In public, refer to yourself as Seraphina la Venchester.You do not know what will happen.Also, be cautious when you enter.They will be your bodyguards.That is their current status.Emilia will be your primary protector."Grand Duke replied with a smirk and a menacing look.

"All right," Seraphina said, hesitantly.

As Seraphina shifted her gaze back to the window she mumbled in a low voice.

"It looks lively," Seraphina said as her sharp and dull black eyes sparkled, along with her diamond-shaped pupil, which was now reflecting the town building.

.
.
.
.

Emilia's POV:

Emilia had her hood slightly down in a position that made it easy to put on again.They were now discussing the banquet inside the carriage.Iris and Rose sat opposite Emilia, looking perplexed.

"So those are our current positions?"Rose's eyes widened in confusion.

"So that's why we have to carry these signature-shaped knives."Iris spoke as she lifted her dress to reveal the black and purple handle knife, which was sharp enough to kill someone.

"Yes, and you can put that back now because we cannot lose them.Plus Assassins more of.Irene made these knives specifically because it was her specialty.So be careful swinging it," Emilia said, sweating, as Iris nodded, realizing as she smiled awkwardly and looked at her knife several times.

Iris slipped the knife under her dress, on the strap near her thigh.

"So, will we be Seraphina's bodyguards?"Rose said this while placing her hand on her chin and tilting her head to the side, thinking with closed eyes.