As she was leaving, she overheard a couple of guards in the break room.

"Did you hear?" Guard 1 said.

"Hear? I saw him!" Guard 2 said with obvious excitement.

"So, was it really him? I thought he was dead."

"Yeah, it was," Shakti heard the awe in the guard's voice.

"And who are you two talking about?" Shakti entered the room and made her presence known.

"Oh, hey, Captain," Guard 1 greeted.

"Captain," Guard 2 nodded to her.

She nodded back in greeting. "So? This person?"

"Well, someone unexpected came through the gate today," Guard 1 said.

"Someone thought to be dead?" she said.

"Yeah... The Darknight Hero of the Astraea Familia is back."

Shakti blinked. She didn't openly show it, but she was surprised.

The Darknight Hero was the only male member of the Astraea Familia and someone who absolutely abhorred injustice. If he saw it happening in front of him, then he would do everything he could to stop it.

He was known to protect adventures from criminals and monsters in the Dungeon that were about to kill them and patrol the streets at night, as that was when most criminals came out. Hence the 'Darknight' part of his title. These actions made him especially popular, as Evilus was still around, and he helped thwart many of their smaller actions.

And then, two years ago, Evilus killed almost the entire Astraea Familia. The only survivors were the Darknight Hero and the Gale Wind.

The Hero was in a coma, and the Gale Wind went on a rampage, killing anyone that was even vaguely related to Evilus.

However, before the rampage was over, Evilus managed to find the Hero and blew up his hospital room. Since then, he has been presumed dead.

If he's actually alive and back in Orario...

Shakti left the gatehouse and went back to her Familia HQ. She had to inform Ganesha.

~X~

Ithil

Cloud and I were walking through the city with him leading the way and me looking around.

"So, where are we heading?" I said.

"The Hostess of Fertility," Cloud said. "It's a popular pub that also doubles as an inn. It's also extremely close to the Guild Headquarters. We'll grab a late lunch and two rooms, and I'll head over to the Guild."

"And what do I do?" I raised an eyebrow in curiosity. I noticed his wording. "Don't I need to go with you?"

"Not really..." Cloud scratched his head. "Only one of us needs to see them. And you have that look in your eyes."

"Hm?"

"The look of adventure. You look like you want to explore the world."

"Well, yes." I nodded. "I do want to see the land and find all the shrines and towers."

"Right, those..." Cloud said. "I forgot about those."

"I still think I should go with you to the Guild. Oman Au said if I wanted answers, I would need to see the 'Primordial of the Sky.' That's Ouranos."

"That's true..." Cloud slowly nodded. "Alright, after we eat and get our rooms, we'll head to the Guild together."

I nodded, and we walked in silence...