Chapter 8

I felt my face heat up after what he said. I thanked whatever god for the darkness we were currently sitting in.

"Have you ever heard of liyue's lantern rite?" I ask, changing the subject

"Briefly. I've never gone myself, I've been too busy" he replies

After, we just sat in semi awkward silence. Well, it didn't last too long

"So, you and Rex lapis or should I call him morax?" He starts, "are you two together" he asked bashfully

"No. I see him like a father, from what I know he was in love with the dust goddess guizhong" I explained

"Ah, I see" he says, hiding a small smile

As the boat ride continues, we have conversations here and there. Some long some short, but it felt nice to be able to talk to him again. When we arrived to Liyue harbor, neuvillette said he will accompany me to chenyu vale. During our walk back I made sure to give him a tour around liyue, besides the chasm, and he seemed to enjoy it. We soon arrive to chenyu vale and he already announces his departure.

"Already?" I ask a little bummed out

"My apologies, but I have to go back as soon as possible" he says before walking away

I huff in annoyance, hoping he'd at least stay for a little longer, and go check on fujin. I go underground and make my way through the cave before arriving at her abode.

We have a nice chat about anything and I ask how's the purification process for the tea leaves. She said that it was complete and back to normal. I thank her before telling her I'll be heading to qiaoying village. We say our goodbyes and I set off, hoping for a boat ride. As in walking along the waters edge, I sense something coming down the river.

I turn around and I see bosu, a fine singer, paddling down the stream. I call out and ask for a ride to qiaoying village and he happily accepts. I take a seat and we head off.

During the boat ride, he does his usual singing and I just sit and listen peacefully. At some point I started singing with him, even harmonizing, and slowly the forest became even more lively than before.

With the village coming into view, bosu stops at the dock and I step off. I thank him before he takes other people on his boat. As I'm walking towards the village, I'm stopped by the sight of cloud retainer.

"Fancy seeing you here friend" I say as I catch up to her

"It is ones pleasure seeing you again" she smiled

We walk the remaining walk together in comfortable silence. As we get into the village, we part ways, bidding each other farewell before I walk towards the farmers and the village elder. Upon my arrival, I'm greeted by the village elder first.

"Goddess y/n! What a pleasure to see you again, how may we help you?" He asks

"I'm wondering how the production of the adeptal tea is coming along" I smile

"It's going wonderful, so wonderful that we have a lot of tea piling up" he laughs

I laugh along with him as we walk through the fields of leaves.

"How would selling the adeptal tea sound?" I suggest

"Hmm, I suppose that wouldn't be too bad. Is there someone who wants to buy our tea?" He asked

"I guess you can say that, yes" I nod

We discuss all the details during our walk and set up a date for our first shipment. I thank the elder and walk back to my abode. Everyone in qiaoying village is used to immortal beings walking among them, not knowing fully what they're capable of. I smile at the thought and continue walking.

Upon entering my abode, I see xiao waiting outside for me.

"Hello, xiao" I greet

He nods and we head into my abode, doing his annual cleanse. He lays down on a spare bed I have, for people who need it, and I get out my erhu. I start playing for him as he closes his eyes and I can see him tense up before relaxing. After a while, I stop playing and let him sleep peacefully.

I look at him with sorrow in my eyes. No one should have to deal with such powerful feelings from the deceased. I continue to sit and just wait patiently for xiao to awaken from his slumber. Rex does give him medicine to mildly subdue the suffering, but sometimes it doesn't help. That's why he comes to me.

After some time has passed, he wakes up and just zones out for a bit.

"Lantern rite is next month" he says before teleporting away

"Mmm I guess I should try to find someone who will make a guzheng for me" I said out loud