Chapter 2: I'm gonna show you

Song: Walked through fire- Poise

The next day came in pretty quick, even after your restless sleep you came into work with droopy eyelids and a drowsy appearance. The incident yesterday kept invading your mind and whenever you closed your eyes, the image of his slight dark redness or puffiness around his eyes and his well-defined jawline pestered you.

Out of everyone, the doppelganger HAD to take the milkman's hot ass form. You would be lying if you didn't find the whole thing... interesting. But at the same time, you were really on edge. What exactly does he mean he will make you his?

You sense a presence approaching your office and you place the book that was in your hand down on the desk, averting your attention to the neighbour that was leaving the building. Oh, it's Francis.

"Morning Francis!" you greeted with a smile, trying to hide the unease and tension in your muscles by sitting up straight.

The man turns to you and tips his white hat at you. Strange.

"You're not forgetting your keys aren't you?"

The man stops in his place and pats the pockets of his trousers followed with a sigh. You let out a giggle and shook your head as he frantically searched for his keys for probably the hundredth time. His forgetfulness is always so cute to you.

Then something pops in your head. You don't remember letting Francis inside through the gates, the only time you saw him was when his copycat tried to trick you into giving him access.

"What would I do without you?" He playfully curves his lips, his smile charming you like always and turns towards the apartment but you stopped him before he takes another step.

"Wait! I didn't see you return yesterday night?" your brows furrowed and you tilted your head slightly at him. The man widens his eyes at you but that did nothing in changing his tired look.

"Ah right, I came back to the apartment around 12am and of course you weren't there so I had to call the department to check me in. It was such a nuisance, they searched top to bottom." he explains to you and he lets out a small chuckle when he sees you struggling to make sense of the situation.

The D.D.D would've noticed you about this, right?

"Something the matter?" his rich and smooth voice broke your trance and you blinked. Well, if there was something wrong then you would've noticed sooner or hopefully everything will be revealed to you.

"No, it's just me. I had some difficulty sleeping." you sigh and wave him off, slouching back in your chair.

Francis's face softens with genuine concern as he gazes at you with warmth and you couldn't help but blush slightly at this. "Don't overwork yourself, okay? You wouldn't want to look like me."

Your face lights up at this and your eyes meet his which was filled with some sort of tenderness, like he's quietly reassuring you.

"Don't say that! You look perfectly fine. And if you ask me, I like your eyes... and the circles under your eyes." you stammer, your cheeks flushing with embarrassment as you struggle to articulate your thoughts.

Nice going Y/N, point out the guy's possible insecurity like that will you?  You scolded yourself internally and your gaze flickered nervously between his eyes and the faint shadow beneath them.

A soft smile tugs at the corner of the milkman's lip, he couldn't help it but find your awkwardness utterly endearing. "Thanks, you look pretty yourself." he replies with a gentle chuckle, his voice filled with affection as he reached up to rub his tired eyes