IX

"Well...you might have already met him.." I say.

He looks confused. "Baby, I haven't met your brother. You wouldn't let me, remember?"

"Uh, yeah.." I smiled awkwardly. "But, um...I'm gonna start dinner. You get ready, look nice."

"Sure, baby." He got dressed well I started to cook dinner. I was making pasta, because Max and Charles both like Italian food. So I made spaghetti. Kind of simple, but delicious. I was on the phone with Max. "Hey, you can come over for dinner. In like an hour? I'm cooking right now."

-"Oh, I love your cooking. It sucks that I have to eat Kelly's now that you're gone." He laughed. "But seriously, you're an amazing cook."

"I know." I laughed. "Uhm, I'll send you the address."

-"Okay, I'll be there." He hung up.

I was cooking and then Charles walked in. Looking so handsome. He wore dress pants, Nikes, and a white dress shirt partially unbuttoned. I turned to face him. "Damn~" I smiled. "You're so hot." I said softly.

"And you're beautiful. Are you cooking spaghetti?" He looked over my shoulder at the food.

"Yes, I am." I smiled.

"Marry me." He laughed before he kissed my cheek. "It smells so good."

"It'll taste good, too." I said.

"Oh yeah? You want to be cocky?" He turned me around and spanked me. "You like that?"

I nodded, so he did it again. "Mmn~"

"Quit turning me on." He pushed me, playfully. "I'm going to play on the sim for a bit. Let me know when he gets here." He kissed me.

"I will, love."

After I finished the food, I got ready. I wore a black dress. Kinda short, but it was more dress-casual than fancy. I left my hair down, as well. I set the table, nice. And then Max was here.

"Hey, Max." I smiled. He wore jeans with a blue polo shirt, and sneakers. He was a more casual kind of guy. Now I was nervous. I walked him to the table. "Wait here." I got Charles. He said he'd finish the race and it'd only take a second. Men. "He'll be down in a second." I told him.

"Nice place. He must have a nice paycheck." Max said. "But, that shouldn't matter.." he wasn't toxic, he was just careful about his baby sister. Which, I understand. He practically raised me.

Charles came down the stairs. "Sorry, baby, I was–" he stopped in his tracks when he saw Max. "Uh, Max? What-"

"Charlie?" He looked at me like I was alien. "Why didn't you tell me? What the fuck..?"

"I'm sorry, Max. I didn't know she was your sister.." he started to say. "Regardless, she's the most beautiful woman Ive ever seen and I would've been with her anyway." He laughed awkwardly. I couldn't tell if he defending himself for the sake of Max and his friendship or our relationship..

"No, I'm not..mad...just..I figured she would have told me." He said.

Now it was awkward. "Uhm, well, sit down guys." Charles looked at me. Was he upset? Was Max upset?

"Well, Max," I started. "As you know, Charles is a great guy, and...you're not mad, right?"

"No, just...if he hurts you..." his eyes drifted to Charles. "He'll really feel it on track." His voice was stern and threatening.

"What, I.." Charles started. "Max, I would never do anything to hurt her." He said. His arm reach around my shoulders. "Would I?" He asked me.

I shook my head. "He wouldn't." I told Max. "So, what do you think of the food?"

"It's great as always." Max said. "It sucks that I won't eat it every night anymore.."

Charles looked at me. "So does that mean you will move in?"

I remembered I hadn't discussed this with Charles yet. "Uh, yeah, I figured–"

"This is good, hun." He said. "I'm glad to have you here, Max is right, you're an amazing cook." He looked at me. "Maybe you ought to leave him the leftovers." He smiled.

"That's the best thing I've heard from you all night, Charles." Max laughed.

. . .

After dinner, I hugged Max. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but.."

"It's okay." Max said. "Don't worry about that."

Charles' hand wrapped around my waist. "Hey, where's my hug?" He sounded jealous.

"He's my brother." I slapped him and Charles laughed.

"I know, I'm just fucking with you." He said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Well, Max, I'll be over to get my stuff sometime soon, and.." I smiled. "Thank you, for supporting me, for us."

"Yeah, of course. I'll have to come over and check on you, yeah?"

Charles laughed. "Yeah, we could play sim together and make her cook for us."

My jaw dropped as Max agreed to this. "Hey, assholes, just what–"

"Chill, baby, we're kidding." He kissed my forehead before winking at Max.

"You're not, though." I rolled my eyes.

"Well, I'm off. I don't want to watch my best friend get the crap beat out of by a woman. Goodnight sis." And with that, he was gone.

. . .

"So, can I see that outfit now?"

"Shut up. You will, calm down." I rolled my eyes.

"I know."

———————————————————————————

Authors notes:

Sorry for the short chapter, I'm kind of busy. I know it's spring break and I shouldn't be so busy, but I really am. With family and all. Anyways, thank you for supporting my books and you should check out my Max fanfic (don't worry you're not his sister in that one lol). I'm open to suggestions for other drivers or even for another of Charles or Max.