A Lullaby

Elsa's heels tapped against the icy floor. Her arms were wrapped around herself as she sighed. Instead of the blue aura around the palace, it had turned red with fear. "Get it together..." she whispered to herself. "Control it. Don't feel don't feel don't feel..." She put her hands on her head as more icicles came out of the wall. "Don't feel!"

She whimpered when the floor cracked and looked around at all the sharp spikes coming out of the wall, shrinking in on herself.

-

"Look, Sven. The sky's awake..." Olaf sighed, patting the reindeer to get his attention. Sven looked up at the aurora borealis and grinned, making happy reindeer noises.

"Are you cold?" Y/n asked, noticing Andar shiver.

He let his arms down, trying not to make her worry. "A little."

She began to reach out to put her arms around him, but stopped when she remembered he was engaged.

"Oh, here," she said instead, leading him to a steam geyser.

"Ooh..." He put his hands out to warm them. Kristoff looked back, smiling at first, then frowning when he saw her shake his head at him.

"So, uh, about our friends..." Kristoff began, trying to change the subject from the one he was initially going to talk about. "Well, I...say friends, they're more like family. Anyway, when we were kids, it was just us and Sven until they, you know, kinda took us in."

"They did?" Andar asked, able to sympathize with the feeling of being alone.

"Yeah..." Y/n confirmed, trailing off. Seeing his sad look, she added quickly, "But it was fine! Y'know, because...we always had each other and then...y'know, then we had them."

"Hm." He smiled at her, reaching to give her arm a squeeze. She looked down at his hand on her, then moved away, forcefully coughing.

"But...you know, like all families, they can be a little...inappropriate. And loud."

"Very loud." Kristoff agreed. "They're also...stubborn, at times, and overbearing...and heavy."

"Really...really heavy. But they mean well it's not like they're out to embarrass us or make you uncomfortable -"

"Y/n." Andar put his hand on her shoulder, quickly getting his attention. But she let him stay this time, not wanting the touch to end. "They sound wonderful."

"Okay..." she whispered and took in a deep breath, nodding to Kristoff.

"Meet our family." He held his arms out to a field of huge boulders, then began to walk around, talking to them as if they were real people. "Hey, guys!"

Olaf jumped down, slowly approaching Andar as Y/n followed Kristoff, acting like this was totally normal. Sven, once freed, jumped over to them excitedly.

"They're..." Andar began, swallowing nervously. "...rocks."

Olaf leaned over a little and whispered, "They're cr-ay-zay..."

"Rocko's looking sharp, as usual. Clay - whoa! I didn't even recognize you, you lost so much weight!"

"I'll distract them...while you run." Olaf waved at them, drawing nearer. "Hi, Sven's family! It's nice to meet you." He pat the top of one of the mossy boulders while the prince only continued to look on, confused and mildly afraid. Not to mention concerned for Kristoff's mental state.

"Andar, because I love you, I insist you run." He got in closer to hug the boulder. "I understand you're love experts? Ooh! WHY AREN'T YOU RUNNING???"