1.11 Youngest Seeker in a Century

(That afternoon, outside the castle, the students, Gryffindor and Slytherin, are lined up in two rows with brooms by their sides. The teacher, Madam Hooch, comes down the line. She has short hair and hawk yellow eyes.)

"Her eyes always freak me out." Evan Rosier says quietly to his Slytherin friends.

Hooch: Good afternoon, class.

Class: Good afternoon, Madam Hooch.

Hooch: Good afternoon, Amanda, good afternoon. (to the class) Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your right hand over the broom and say, "Up."

Class: Up!

Juniper: (whispering to Harry) Who's Amanda?

"I still don't know" Juniper says "Never got to find out"

(After Harry and Juniper say "Up"!, their brooms immediately fly into their hands.)

Harry: (amazed) Wow!

"Oh PLEASE tell me you guys are quidditch players." James says to Harry and Juniper\

Harry and Juniper look at each other then turn to James\

"You know, we just never got into it." Juniper says

James slumps deafted.

Draco: Up! (broomstick flies up and Draco smugly grins.)

Ron: Up. Up!

Hooch: With feeling!

Hermione: (as her broomstick slowly rises) Up. Up. Up. Up.

Ron: Up!! (His broom immediately shot up and whacked him on the nose) Ooh! (Harry and Juniper laugh) Shut up, Harry, June. (Ron then seemingly starts to laugh after he recovered)

Hooch: Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end. (the class mounts on their broomsticks) When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle. 3, 2...

(She blows the whistle. However, Neville's broomstick somehow lifts him off the ground. Neville immediately lifts off. He looks quite frightened.)

Neville: Oh...\

Hooch: Mr. Longbottom.

Girl: Neville, what are you doing?

Students: Neville... Neville...

Boy: We're not supposed to take off, yet.

Hooch: (Neville begins soaring away uncontrollably) M-M-M-Mr. Longb-!

Neville: AHH!

Hooch: Mr. Longbottom!

Neville: Down! Down! Ahhhh!

Juniper: Neville!

Neville: Help!!!

(he immediately skyrockets towards the sky)

Hooch: Come back down this instant!

Neville: AHH!

(He flies uncontrollably in the air and hits a wall, conking along it and then swooping off. All the while, he is screaming. He begins to zoom back towards the group of students. Hooch quickly holds out her wand to stop him.)