Growing - Chapter 1

April 21. The day Tierra was born and the day a curse was born. How could it be?

Tierra was a reserved kid. She liked her own company and no one else's. This was going to be tough. A princess that wanted no contact with the world.  No one asked about Tierra. It is mostly because no one even knew she existed. Most days she would go out to the forest and talk to animals. She did not understand them, but she loved ranting to them. Every day was an adventure.

"This is not good! What if she gets injured?!'" Tierra's father asked.

"Don't worry, I think this is a phase – I will talk to her later." Tierra's mother responded in uncertainty. She knew Tierra would not listen if she asked if she could stop going out as much. "Maybe it's a good thing she goes out. She gets to learn a lot."

"Well yes, but if she gets injured and an-"

"It's going to be fine. She does not have to be a put-together princess. We have Ryu." Tierra's mother interrupted.

"You're right." Tierra's father said.

Tierra's father was worried about something else. Yes, he cared about her safety but something else gave him much more fear. Ryu was Tierra's brother. He was 3 years older than her, more responsible, and put together. Ryu would get up before the sun rose to start training. Many said he would become a great king and had the looks. He had long silky hair. His facial features were sharp; he was tall and lean. He indeed is the definition of beauty. His parents thought this as well. He would rule over ilona and become the greatest-no, the most perfect king. Not to mention his powers. He possesses the green snake dragon spirit animal.

The land he would rule is ilona. A land rich in vegetation, lush greenery, and many exotic animals. Ilona is a very ethereal mystical land. The ponds were filled with crystal-clear water. Glowing insects would fill the dark night. Towns had tent houses or tree houses. The ilona people were kind-hearted and respected their land and gave offerings to the earth gods in hopes for more vegetation and good life. The center of ilona is where the royals lived. In mentoli city. The castle had overgrowned greenery and filled with wisteria and other kinds of flowers.

Well the day came to announce the princess existence. She had to attend this grand party ilona had every 15 years. One to thank the earth god's for all the blessings they received. Tierra did not want to attend it and would rather show her gratitude some other way, but her father said this was mandatory. This party would have some royals from other lands. Expect from lagun. Tierra would learn about the other lands and stories about the world. This would open her eyes. Well before all that she had to get ready for this grand party. Her mother helped her put on some makeup. Tierra's mother put her some light pink lipstick and some pink eyeshadow. She gave her a green pink flowy dress. Tierra put her hair half up and half down with a lily of the valley pin.

"Wow- I look amazing!" Tierra said amazed.

"You look beautiful!" Tierra's mother said.

"I never knew I could look like an actual princess! This took too much work, not something I would do daily." Tierra said.

"Well, it's something you would have to do every day if you become queen. Tierra-"

"Mother I think Ryu is more suited to rule over Ilona. I love this land and the people, but I am not suited for the role of a queen." Tierra interrupted.

"I almost did not recognize you. Wow, this is a miracle, you finally got ready!" Ryu said to Tierra in a teasing way. The only person he was foolish around was Tierra. A typical sibling relationship. This is a side of him is one he would not show to anyone but his sister.