Fast and Feisty: Drifting In Tokyo (10)

Start from the beginning

   "Yeah, I made it that way so you'd be able to fit perfectly inside," Kazuichi said with a proud smile. 

    "SWICKED!!" Kiki exclaimed. 

    "Here, lemme show you how it works," Kazuichi said. "First you-"

    "Yeah, yeah! Blah, blah, blah! Turn the key in the ignition, starting the car," Kiki interrupted with an impatient sigh. "Keep my foot on the brake, shift into drive, and then BURN SOME RUBBER, BABY!!! Can I go alrea-dy?!" 

   "How'd you know to do all that?!" Kazuichi asked.

    "Kokichi and Kaito showed me how," Kiki answered, bouncing in her seat. "Can I go now? Can I go now?"

   "You guys showed her how to drive?" Fuyuhiko asked.

   "Nee-heehee...we showed her alright!" Kokichi replied. 

    "Yeah...she ended up actually driving my car," Kaito muttered. 

   "What?! She drove your car?!" Gundham cried. 

    "We'll tell you guys about that later," Kokichi said.

   "Yes, thank you!" Kiki exclaimed with exasperation. She held her hand out to Kazuichi, rapidly flapping her fingers up and down. "Now gimme the keys! Gimme the keys!"

    "Um...actually, for this kart, you don't need keys," Kazuichi explained. "You just press this button right here." He pointed to a button on the dashboard. "And, if you wanna turn your kart off, you press on the brake before pressing the button again."

   "Sooo...other than that, it just works like a regular car, right?" Kiki asked.

   "Pretty much, yeah," Kazuichi nodded. 

    "YES!!!" Kiki squeaked. She pressed the button, and the engine came to life. Kiki shivered with excitement. 

   "Well, hold on, hold on! You can't just go, yet!" Kazuichi said, and pointed to the gear stick right beside the wheel. "This is the gear stick here. You use it to-"

   "I know what it is!! I'M OUTTA HERE!!" Kiki cut him off and shifted into drive and sped off, her whoops and wild cackles echoing through the air. "MWA-HAHAHAHAHAAAA!! STICK THAT IN YOUR TAILPIPE AND SMOKE IT!!! HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!" The boys stared after her in amazement. Kokichi grinned proudly.

   "Huh! Chick's not messin' around!" Mondo marveled. 

    "Yes, she does have the spirit of a warrior heading into battle," Gundham added. 

   "She's so impatient, though!" Kazuichi exclaimed. "What if she gets hurt?!"