Chapter 6 The Sweet Smell of Love Ophelia

The following morning, as the sun cast its gentle glow upon the castle walls, Ophelia found herself in the company of Blaise and Theodore heading to the Great Hall for breakfast.

"We're not going to sit with the trio, are we?" Theodore asked.

"By all means, Theo, you can join my brother," Ophelia said as they climbed the staircase.

"And have to hear he's retelling from yesterday's events for the millionth time? No thanks," Theodore scoffed.

"Honesty, it was interesting the first time but after the second time, I was ready to deafen myself," Blaise muttered, exiting the Slytherin common room.

Ophelia felt lucky Draco didn't go too much into leaving Hogwarts. At the time she wanted so badly to kick his shin and tell him to hiss it. She wondered if she hadn't stepped in, Draco would have spilled everything. Merlin knows, her brother could never keep his mouth shut. Maybe she led on too much as well, Draco still didn't know she knew and she'd like to keep it that way.

The ceiling of the Great Hall was serenely blue and streaked with frail, wispy clouds, just like the squares of sky visible through the high-mullioned windows. Ophelia, Blaise, and Theodore found the trio eating away at the porridge, eggs, and bacon. Harry and Ron discuss their embarrassing conversation with Hagrid the previous evening with Hermione.

"But he can't really think we'd continue Care of Magical Creatures!" she said, looking distressed. "I mean, when has any of us expressed... you know... any enthusiasm?"

"That's it, though, innit?" Ron said, swallowing an entire fried egg whole. "We were the ones who made the most effort in classes because we like Hagrid. But he thinks we liked the stupid subject. D'ya reckon anyone's going to go on to N.E.W.T.?"

"Well, I am," Ophelia said, sitting down next to Harry.

"You are? Why?" Harry said, turning to her as Blaise and Theodore took their seats.

"One of the requirements of becoming a Potioneer," Ophelia said not at all happy with the idea of being in another year in Hagrid's class. "But don't worry, I'll tell Hagrid how much you all think his class is stupid."

Harry, Ron, and Hermione exploded, trying to deny their hatred for the class while Blaise and Theodore snickered.

"It feels good to mess with people first thing in the morning," Ophelia said stretching. "How I miss those days."

"And here I was thinking you were past that," Ron grumbled.

"If you're around, Weaselbee, they will never pass," Ophelia smirked.

Theodore ooed into a laugh.

"Shut it, Nott," Ron hissed.

"Why don't you make me?" Theodore growled.

"Oh look, there's Hagrid! Hi, Hagrid," Ophelia waved. "See ya in class!"

Hagrid grinned happily waving back as he left the staff table.

"You are evil," Harry laughed.

"All in good fun," Ophelia said, scrunching her nose at him.

After they had eaten, they remained in their places, awaiting Professor McGonagall's descent from the staff table. The distribution of class schedules was more complicated than usual this year, for Professor McGonagall needed first to confirm that everybody had achieved the necessary O.W.L. grades to continue with their chosen N.E.W.T.s.