𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋

𝐉𝐎𝐇𝐍 𝐁 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃 shouting around the porch still convinced his dad and my mom were with him last night

"John B, please." Hayley yelled irritably, "They're not here."

He shook his head aggressively, "No, I'm not crazy. That's the boat, right there." He motioned to the end of the dock where a boat lay, "And they were both sleeping inside. Please believe me."

I ran a stressful hand through my hair until my mom's voice caught my attention, "Hell, I wouldn't believe him either." Phoebe called out as she rounded the corner with Big John.

I couldn't believe my eyes. My mom was alive. I immediately jumped up and ran straight into her arms. My heart was beating so fast in my chest I could barely breathe.

"What the fuck?" I muttered under my breath.

"Where did you go?" John B questioned as I pulled away from my mom so she could hug my sister.

"I can't believe it." I breathed out, as the three of us all stayed in a group hug. Phoebe pulled one of her arms and held it out for JJ to join.

She smirked, "I always wondered when you two would get together. Welcome to the family, Maybank."

The boy chuckled as he joined the hug. The whole situation didn't feel real. My mom was alive.

𝐁𝐈𝐆 𝐉𝐎𝐇𝐍 𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐃 to always say, nothing good comes easy. And nothing worthy is given. It's not what can be gained. But what you're willing to risk? How far will you go for your treasure?

"When I went back to Tannyhill, Rafe was on the phone with Ward, and he just kept saying 'My thing. This is my thing.' He had to of been talking about the cross." The blonde girl explained.

"Absolutely," Pope said.

Sarah added, "And he's coming into Wilmington tonight at eight o'clock. It's being shipped by train to Raleigh from there, but this is our chance to get it back."

"Did you get any other information?" The dark-skinned boy asked.

"Sarah got the cargo number," Kiara spoke up.

Pope nodded, "Okay, that's a start."

"Well, they're definitely fencing that shit off as we speak, so we should probably get a move on," Liv spoke up.

"Has anyone heard from John B?" Hayley asked.

Sarah shrugged, "No. He's probably off somewhere with his dad."

"The problem is that they have the van," I told them.

Pope rolled his eyes in annoyance, "Our transportation. I could ask Heyward for the truck."

"Yeah, because that will end well," The younger Madison said sarcastically.

"We don't have any other options, Hales," I said.