Safe

Hiii! It's been quite a long time, isn't it? I hope everyone's doing fine.
I finally finished this one sighsss it was frustrating to plot this story because I didn't manage to make a proper ending. Plus, it's been a while since I last wrote something properly, so I hope you enjoy this one sob sob.
Warning: Hurt Kaito, Hurt Shinichi, takedown, Kaito being Shinichi's safe place.

.

Kaito was shot at his heist. It didn't surprise him because he had expected that Snake was coming today. The one thing he hadn't expected was Edogawa Conan chased after him after he had gotten shot. He hadn't expected him to find him and bring him into the professor's house to tend Kaito's wound.

"I want to help. So tell me who they are and why you did all of these," was what Conan said right after Kaito had finished his breakfast. Kaito bit his lips. He didn't need anyone's help. He didn't need anyone else to get hurt. He could do this alone.

Didn't he also have someone on his tail?

Besides, why would he believe a detective?

"One of them is called Snake, isn't it? And the reason you're doing all of these is because they killed your father and now you're trying to prevent them from having the myth gem called Pandora that is known to make someone immortal. Am I right, first year student of electric engineering at Tokyo University, a part of the magic club in the university and a part timer as a magician at Poirot Cafe, someone who lives in Ekoda, Kuroba Kaito-kun."

Kaito's eyes widened when he heard all that information and turned at the shrunken detective. Kaito wanted to ask why and how he knew all of those details about him before Conan shrugged and said, "I knew that after Jii-san told me. I used your phone to call him after you passed out. You know, despite being a phantom thief, your phone is really not secure enough."

"What did you say?" Kaito felt his eyes twitching in annoyance and the smirk the detective gave him just made it worse.

"Anyways, if you don't want to say anything, it's fine. I have the FBI to help me after all. But, you have my words," Kaito startled at how Conan's eyes suddenly fired with determination when looked straight into his eyes. .

"I won't let them hurt you. I'll protect you," he turned away after that and left Kaito alone. Not before saying, "ah right, later, when Jii-san picked you up, tell him that I'm sorry for threatening him."

Kaito just wondered what just happened to his life.

.

Since then, he kept meeting with the little detective. They also became close and always investigated together about the people who wanted Kaito dead.

And he noticed how Conan always ran into murder cases. The first time Kaito saw a body fall right in front of him, he had puke and Conan just apologized before asking him to just sit at a bench, far from the scene. He then left Kaito.

It happened again and again but that didn't mean Kaito was okay with his new routine. He did handle it better though when saw the body. He wondered how the detective handled it, afterall Conan had seen the bodies since he had been seven.

There were also times when Conan got hurted when protecting someone. Like detective boys, that scary little scientist or even Kaito himself. He even ran into a burning house just to save a murderer from commit a suicide. Really, it was stupid. Really stupid to just throw yourself for anyone just to protect them.

Thus, here he was staring at the pale and unconscious Conan on the bed. Everyone had gotten home and Mouri-chan had told him to get rest. But, Kaito insisted. He didn't want to leave him alone. Not after what had happened.