Not arguing with the request, LJ put his gun away before wrapping her arm around his shoulders and lifting her up by her waist to place her on her feet. Slowly, they exited the room before heading outside.

In front of the cabin, Jax ran a frustrated hand through his hair when him and the others couldn't find any sign of Angelise and Welsby. Hearing the front door open, he turned around and let out a shaky sigh as his heart beat rapidly against his chest.

LJ cautiously walked down the steps as he led Angelise outside. Lifting her head, she saw those beautiful blue eyes staring at her and released her hold on LJ before slowly walking toward Jax.

Jax picked up his pace as he sped up to meet her more than halfway. As soon as she was in arms reach, he scooped her up and crushed her against his chest while burying his face in her neck. Angelise held the back of his neck tightly as she tried to bring him closer.

"Oh god, darlin'," he cried. "I thought I lost you, that I was too late."

"I'm here," the relieved tears ran down her face. "I'm okay, I promise, I'm okay."

Pulling away slightly, he brought his hands to cup her face and leaned down to give her a searing kiss. Angelise brought her hand to wrap around his wrist while responding with the same urgency.

Breaking the kiss, she brushed away a few of the fallen hairs from Jax's face before noticing the others over his shoulder. Opie was the first one to embrace her, relief going through him at her being okay. Soon, he was followed by Chibs, Juice, and Half Sack.

Noticing her limping, Jax furrowed his eyebrows. "You okay?"

"Bastard shot me," she let out an exhausted sigh. "I just need my duffle bag so I can patch myself up."

LJ moved forward and placed a hand on her shoulder while looking at Jax. "Take her back on your bike, we're gonna stay here and clean this up."

Angelise turned her head in his direction with worry. "LJ—"

"Stop," he shook his head in reassurance. "We'll handle this, you go home and get patched up, okay?"

Knowing there was no room left to argue, Angelise nodded head while Jax picked her up in his arms and carried her over to his bike. Sitting her down gently on the seat, he kicked his leg over to sit in front of her.

Revving the engine of the bike, he looked over his shoulder. "Ready?"

Wrapping her arms around his torso, she secured her grip against him and nodded her head, giving Jax the okay to pull off the walkway with the other Sons riding behind them, making their way back to Charming.

A few hours later, LJ and Ted made it back to Angelise's house after disposing any trace of Welsby at the cabin. They were let in by Gemma, who immediately drove to the house, once Jax called her and told her they'd found Angelise.

Closing the door behind them, she gestured toward the hallway with her head. "She's in the bedroom."

Acknowledging her words, the men headed toward her bedroom. Standing in the doorway, they see her wrapping the gauze around her wound before securing it. Lifting her head up, she saw them and beckoned them inside.

"Can you toss this in the trash?" she asked while holding up a few bloody napkins.

Ted grabbed the tissues before heading toward the bathroom. LJ sat next to her on the bed as Ted came back. Looking at the gauze, he shifted his eyes to look at her.