11

Charming, California 2008

A few minutes earlier....

"Give it up sweetheart," he licked his lips. "You aren't going anywhere."

Angelise tried to fight off the pain in her leg as she felt a sudden rush of determination. Her chest rose up and down while trying to catch her breath.

"No," she shook her head. "But you are."

Shooting up from the floor, she lunged for the arm holding the gun. Grabbing onto it, she used her good leg to swipe the back of his foot, knocking him on his back. Twisting his hand in the opposite direction, he lets out a pained scream, dropping the gun to the floor.

Quickly scooping up the gun, she pulled the trigger, shooting him in the abdomen. Welsby grabbed his stomach with his good hand as the blood bled profusely down his torso. Standing over him, she stared him down as he hissed in pain, the blood coating his hand.

"I want you to remember this moment," she now taunted him. "That little girl you once knew is now standing over you, teaching you MY lesson, bitch."

Lifting the gun again, she fired the shot straight to the head, grazing the side of it, knocking him unconscious. Letting out a shaky breath, she threw the gun onto the bed and crumbled to the floor, the pain in her leg becoming too much to bear.

...

The guys rushed toward the cabin after the last shot echoed through the area. They bursted through the door with their guns raised and saw the chair where Angelise was tied up along with the shattered coffee table.

Jax turned toward Angelise's friends and nudged his chin. "We'll check outside, you check the rooms."

Nodding their heads, LJ and Ted checked each room before heading toward the master bedroom and quickly dropped their guns while rushing toward an injured Angelise.

"Angel!" LJ gasped. "Shit, are you okay?"

She let out a relieved cry as she lunged forward to embrace her friends. Tears streamed down her face as they tightened their hold on her. After a few moments, they pulled away and noticed her leg.

"Jesus Angelcake," Ted sighed. "He shot you."

"I'm okay," she reassured them. "Better than he is, anyway."

Gesturing toward Welsby, they saw him lying unconscious, in a pool of his own blood. LJ looked back toward her. "Is he dead?"

She shook her head. "Not yet."

Ted was the first to stand up as he tucked his gun back into his waistband.

"Get her out of here," he told LJ. "I'll handle this."