" et tu es très spéciale, michelle," charles said softly, his gaze unwavering. " maintenant que j'ai eu la chance de te connaître, je ne pourrais pas imaginer ma vie sans toi."

" eh bien, je suppose que les apparences peuvent être trompeuses. who would have thought that the second positioned driver on the track was actually a romantic man " michelle teased, scrunching her nose for a tiny amount of seconds.

" and who would have thought that the girl who seems so sure of herself actually had such a gentle heart " charles replied, his smile matching hers. they looked at each other for a moment, letting the comfortable silence fill the space between them.

charles couldn't believe how his feelings had changed since he first met michelle. what started as a simple misunderstanding had blossomed into something he couldn't ignore. every time he looked at her, his heart skipped a beat. her smile was like sunshine, warming him from the inside out. he admired her kindness, her strength, and her ability to make everyone around her feel special. charles knew he had fallen for her, even harder than before.

finally, michelle lightened her words again as she confessed " i'm glad we had this conversation, charles. cela change tout. "

michelle's heart raced every time she was near charles. what had once been a distant crush had grown into something deeper and more profound. she admired his passion for racing, his intelligence, and his charming demeanor. his smile that was shown most of the time lightened her mood, and made her feel comfortable, instead of being nervous and scared. michelle found herself thinking about charles constantly, wondering if he felt the same way about her, as she longed for his touch, his voice, his laughter.

" pour moi aussi, michelle," charles responded, his eyes brightening with emotions.

─── ───

as their night came to an end, charles walked michelle back to her house. they stood there for a moment, looking at each other, neither wanting the evening to be over. the street was quiet, the only sound the distant hum of a car passing by. the soft glow of the streetlights cast a warm, intimate glow over them, creating a moment that felt suspended in time.

" thank you for tonight," charles said, breaking the silence. his voice was gentle, filled with sincerity. " i had a wonderful time," he admitted, his eyes wandering into hers, taking in the depth of her gaze, the dark features she owned that seemed to hide so much beneath the surface.

michelle smiled, her heart fluttering in her chest. " i did too. it was a night that i'll never forget." her voice was soft, barely above a whisper, but filled with a warmth that spoke volumes.

charles reached out, taking michelle into an embrace of his. she could feel the strength in his arms, the warmth of his body against hers. it was a comforting embrace, one that made her feel safe and cherished. " i hope this won't be our last dinner together, j'aimerais te revoir," he said softly, his words filled with hope and longing.

michelle felt her cheeks flush, a smile playing at the corners of her lips. " i'd like that too," she replied, her voice barely more than a breath. she didn't want this moment to end, didn't want to say goodbye. she wanted to stay in his embrace forever, to lose herself in the warmth of his presence. but she knew that wasn't possible. so, reluctantly, she pulled away, stepping back from him. " goodnight, charles," she said, her lips tinged with a hind of a smile.