Present day

Alex didn't go back to the barracks until he was sure the unit would be asleep. He crept in silently at about 2.00, and made his way over to Snake's bed. Without making a single sound he rifled through the medics med-kit, and grabbed some gauze and disinfectant. He made his way over to his bed and applied the disinfectant after quickly cleaning it with practised ease. Alex has had his fair share of patching up himself and others, especially on his last mission- no. It. Didn't. Happen.
After finishing bandaging himself up, he quickly changed and crawled into bed. The boy sighed in relief as he let his body relax into the rock hard army issued bed. It didn't take him long to fall asleep, nor did it take long for the nightmares to make their appearance. Maybe it was being back at one of the places the boy hates the most, or having thought about it two times already today, but the nightmare came on strong, being one of his worst yet.
****************
Wolf woke up to the sound of someone thrashing. He looked over to Eagle's bed, as he was the most likely to have a nightmare out of them all. One of their missions really took a toll on the young man, and it isn't surprising he is constantly relieving it through a dream. Nightmares are part of the package when it comes to the army. You can't avoid them, and everyone has them.
Eagle seemed to be fine, his leg hanging off the side of the bed, drool coming out his mouth. Wolf moved his gaze to Snake, who was also completely relaxed, seemingly in deep sleep. That only left one more unit member. Wolf sat up and made his way over to their youngest member, who, sure enough, was thrashing about, and whimpering? As Wolf moved closer he realised Cub was saying something. He leaned in to hear him better. Was he begging? He was saying please don't, please, I'm sorry, over and over again. It almost hurt Wolf to see Cub like this. He looked so young and vulnerable when he slept. Not the cold, emotionless mask they see when he isn't being a sarcastic, cheeky bastard.
Wolf bent down to shake the boy awake. As soon as his hand made contact with the boy's shoulder, the kid's hand shot out and grabbed Wolf's wrist before twisting it in a way that one wrong move could break it. It all happened so fast the man had no time to react.
"Cub, what the hell. It's me", Wolf whispered harshly through the dark. Cub just stared at the man for a moment before releasing his arm, and backing up against the wall and hugging his knees, mumbling to himself incoherently. Wolf has never been good at dealing with nightmares, he usually leaves that to Snake or Eagle, but unfortunately none of them are awake. He could wake them, but that seems kind of selfish since they never wake him when someone has a nightmare.
"Hey kid, you alright? Do you wanna talk about it?". Instead of an answer the boy just kept mumbling to himself. With a sigh the muscular man sat down on the bed next to the boy, the contrast in size almost comical. "Hey Cub, it's me. You're safe alright".
"It didn't happen, it didn't happen, it didn't happen, it didn't happen", the boy continued to say. Wolf wasn't sure if he was talking to him or himself, but it doesn't really matter. Maybe he can gain something out of this. Learn something about this enigma of a boy.
"What didn't happen?", the man probed. He probably sounded rather insensitive, but he doesn't really care. He has never really been into reassuring people anyway.
"It didn't happen, it didn't happen, it didn't happen, it didn't happen", Cub continued to tell himself, almost sounding hysterical. Wolf realised the kid was shaking, rocking back and forth. He decided trying to talk to him wasn't really going to do anything, so decided to try a hug instead. The war-hardened soldier wasn't much of a hugger, but he really couldn't think of anything else to do in the situation. Hesitantly, just in case the kid reacted badly to his touch again, he slowly wrapped an arm around the boy before pulling him close. Cub just buried his face into the larger man's chest, and much to Wolf's surprise, burst into tears.
"It didn't happen. I didn't. It can't have happened. Oh God. It didn't happen. It didn't happen", the teen cried, his voice cracking at the end. Wolf just rubbed circles on the boy's back. Why was the kid like this? What had MI6 put him through to reduce him to a crying, shaking mess after a nightmare? He shouldn't be like this at such a young age. He barely looks eighteen.
Wolf looked down to see the boy's face, and noticed he was wincing slightly. Of course it could just be from the memory of the dream, but it almost seemed like he was hurting physically. Wolf removed his hand from the boy's back, and saw his face relax slightly. He replaced it and he could see the kid trying to stifle a gasp. "Hey kid, are you hurt?". Wolf thought there was no harm in asking. Maybe he might actually reveal something that Wolf can tell Snake.
"N-no", Cub whispered.
"You sure?", the soldier asked, not convinced.
The kid sat up slowly, clearing trying to hide the pain on his face. It was almost scary how fast he managed to go from a crying kid, to an emotionless agent. He stood up and grabbed his coat before making his way to the door. "Sorry for waking you", was all he said before walking out the door. Wolf just stayed where he was, one thought swirling around his mind. Who the fuck is this kid?