"why?" Nali simply asked. 

"isn't it a normal thing to satisfy my daughter's wants?" Mr. Bae questioned.

"thanks Appa," Nali said shortly, "how much is in there?"

"unlimited," Mr. Bae answered, "I want my daughter to have the best things."

"okay," Nali said, "thanks."

And what was the first thing Nali did? 

She adopted a cat.

"oh my god, it's sooooo adorable!!!" Jungwon squealed as he got on his hands and knees, embracing the cat tightly.

"what should I name it?" Nali asked with a bright smile.

"Jungwon!" Jungwon exclaimed, beaming.

"I'll name him Wonnie," Nali decided with a small smile, "but that means I'll have to call you Jungwonnie."

"awww....come here Wonnie!" Jungwon stroked Wonnie's fur with a smile.

"what is this????" The door opened and Kyung-Mi came into the room.

"Kyung-Mi-sshi," Nali greeted.

"I'm allergic to cats," Kyung-Mi started to sneeze.

"oh I'm sorry," Nali apologized, not even meaning any word that dripped out from her tongue, "maybe it's a good idea to not come to my room then."

"I---" Kyung-Mi blushed.

"you're excused," Nali smirked, "remember, my Appa is just dating you. When he finds a new toy like a cheater he is, you'll no longer even have access to this penthouse anymore."

And that got Kyung-Mi out of the door quickly.

Jungwon was in awe, "that was awesome, Nali!!!"

"thanks, Won," Nali smiled, "we cannot let a cheater win."

"thank goodness you did not curse," Jungwon sighed.

"she's a motherfucking bitch," Nali cursed with a smirk, "but yeah, I'll be putting three locks on my door handle."

"probably a good idea," Jungwon advised with a smile.

"why did you buy a cat knowing that Kyung-Mi was allergic?" Mr. Bae asked sternly to Nali at the dinner table that night. Kyung-Mi was being emotional next to him, her face a bit puffy, from both crying and allergies.

"no one told me that," Nali said calmly with patience. On the inside, she was burning and flaring with anger.

"you better sell and return that cat right away," Mr. Bae ordered.

"I'll just keep it in my room, Appa," Nali replied nonchalantly, "if Kyung-Mi-sshi doesn't enter my room without permission--"

"and when did she do that?" Mr. Bae accused.

"you want video proof?" Nali asked.

"don't listen to her, darling!" Kyung-Mi cried, "she's so mean to me! Your daughter is a devil!"

"here," Nali showed her security camera lens from her iPhone.

"so what?" Mr. Bae asked, "Kyung-Mi is family."

"to you," Nali finished, "not me. She's just a faker in my eyes."

SLAP! Mr. Bae raised his hand and slapped Nali right across the face.

"how dare you call my love that!???" Mr. Bae's eyes flared with anger.

Although her cheek was stinging with pain, she did not lower her gaze from her father. Her Eomma did not raise her as a loser.

"would you like some more colorful words then?" Nali's voice dripped with sarcasm.

"your mother raised you to this ungrateful and disrespectful brat!" Mr. Bae flared with anger.

"she didn't," Nali defended, "she was the most kindest, hardworking woman I've ever seen. Unlike--"

SLAP! Mr. Bae slapped Nali again.

"you really think a slap is going to stop me," Nali whispered as she clasped her gold paper plane necklace around her neck tightly.

"you're so disobedient, just like your mother," Mr. Bae said.

"I told you she was bad news," Kyung-Mi's voice was full of disapproval.

"you're right, darling, you always are," Mr. Bae said sweetly to Kyung-Mi, "I should have just left you on the streets to starve!"

"I wish you would," Nali fought back as she stormed back into her room.

"I miss you, Eomma," Nali sobbed alone in her room, curled up in a ball under her blankets, "why did you die? why couldn't you be here? I love you so much, Eomma."

She traced her fingers against the paper plane chain that dangled from the gold necklace.

"if only I didn't go to Jeju," Nali muttered, "I could have seen my Eomma one more time."

raise your hand if you absolutely fucking hate Mr. Bae & Kyung-Mi 🙋

Clarisse