Prologue

"Where's Analee?" sixteen year old, Morgan Bennett asked with her hands over her eyes. She lifted them up and looked at her almost two year old daughter, "There she is!" The girl in question didn't reply with a laugh but a look that conveyed way too much personality for a toddler. Seconds earlier she'd been in the middle of a melt down, tears and all. Morgan was headed back to school to finish her junior year and Analee was not happy about losing her favorite person in the world for six hours a day.

"I here Mommy!" she said with a slight attitude and a big smile.

"Of course you are. What was I thinking?"

"I not baby anymore, Mommy."

"Of course not. But you'll always be my baby. Even when you're wrinkled and old and gray." She said as she buckled her into her car seat.

"Like Grams?" Morgan laughed and looked down at her daughter. She had lots of curly brown hair and brown eyes that she could've gotten from her mother or her father. Her big eyes and thicker lips definitely came from her mother. Morgan drove down the street back home to Gram's house where they lived. Analee struggled to try to remove her own seatbelt.

"Grams is not old. Not really. And stop that. I will be there in two seconds to do it for you," Morgan said as she got out of the car.

"One! Two!" Analee counted as Morgan walked around, "That was two, Mommy!"

"And here I am!" Morgan unlocked the seatbelt and Analee was already on the move. Maybe she got that from her father.

Morgan held Analee's small hand as they walked up the steps. She was also nervous for the day. She had originally wanted to continue with correspondence school to finish high school but her Grams thought she should go back. In all fairness, when she'd gotten pregnant at fourteen, she was a junior. Gifted from a very young age, sort of the way Analee was. Her pregnancy was her family's biggest surprise and disappointment. Morgan was headed to graduate at the age of fifteen. Instead she tried, but ended up taking a half year off to take care of Ana. Then she decided correspondence school would work better. It did but Grams was right. She needed to talk to more adults.

Grams opened the door before they reached the top step. "There are my babies!" Grams said and Analee let go of her mother's hand to run to her great-grandmother.

"Grams!" she shouted and Grams picked her up.

"Wow you're big!" Grams said to her.

"You always say that Grams. I am growing, right Mommy?"

"Yes, baby." Morgan said with a big grin and misted eyes. Grams put Analee down and she ran to her little set up play area in the living room.

"She will be fine. I don't have classes today. But we might go to campus. Or if you could get back by two thirty, that would be better."

"Okay. I'll talk to my counselor. Remember no milk. Not soy not regular. She gets watered down juice or water. Her stomach has been acting up."

"I know, Morgan. You'll be late. Was Bonnie awake when you left?"

"No but she didn't have to cajole a two year old. I'm sure she'll be on time." Grams nodded and Morgan kissed her cheek then went to kiss all over Analee's face before leaving. It was heavy on her heart but she didn't have a choice.

When Morgan arrived at school, her twin sister Bonnie still hadn't arrived. But Morgan had more things to focus on. She was picking up her schedule. "Where are all my AP classes?" she asked the counselor.

"Well we thought with everything." the man stammered.

"With the fact that I am a teen mother. It is not a secret. I chose to come back to school and I need to be the best candidate so that I can get into a good college."