chapter twenty: your worst

Začít od začátku

"Then, I'll cut it into two. Wait, let me get the knife.", he said before rushing off to the kitchen again.

While he was gone, Chaeyoung put the bowls on the table and smiled happily to see the food he made for her.

"Okay, here.", Jungkook came back and took the plate of avocado toast before cutting it into two parts.

"I think we should share everything here, not just the toast.", she said as she arranged the food on the table.

Jungkook shook his head at her words, "No, Chaeyoung. I made these for you."

She shook her head at him in return, "I can't possibly finish them all alone. These are a lot, Jungkook."

He slowly frowned, "You sure?"

Chaeyoung nodded, "Let's share them. These good food, they taste better when shared, you know?"

Jungkook looked at her, a smile spread across his face as he thought of how she was able to make him smile when she was still hurting inside.

"I'll take a cup for you-"

"No, you stay. I'll take it myself.", he quickly got up to get an empty cup to share the smoothie with her.

♡♡♡

When Jungkook got a call from Chaeyoung late last night, he was excited when she said she wanted to see him. He was eager to share his findings with her when they met today. However, Chaeyoung seemed to not want to open up about it with him, which made him hesitate to say anything related to her daughter.

He was not sure why she asked to meet him today when she did not say anything about her daughter to him. He wanted her to talk about it first before he could tell her what he found. He needed her to tell him everything she kept to herself so he could help her but she was trying to act fine in front of him.

"How do I start? I can't just bring it up-"

"What's that?", Chaeyoung's voice startled him.

He turned around and saw her already leaving the toilet.

"Chaeyoung.."

"You were saying about starting something, Jungkook?", she clearly heard his thoughts.

He tried to smile, it turned out awkward instead.

"Go on. I know you have something to ask me.", she said to him as they walked to the living room.

"Um, I...just want to know...how are you? I mean...after...you know..."

"I feel like everything is falling apart for me.", Chaeyoung admitted. "I thought I was at my lowest six years ago...", her voice cracked again.

Jungkook sat next to her as she covered her face in her palms.

"I thought I won't be feeling this way again...", she added as she looked at him with tears in her eyes.

"Chaeyoung, if you couldn't-"

"If I tell you my past, will you...will your view towards me change?", she asked him.

He frowned at her question. Was that the reason she was not ready to open up to him?

"If I tell you everything, will you hate me, Jungkook?", she asked again.