Prologue

Life is full of surprises, they say. You can get anything and everything in your life, but only if you make an effort. Even God helps those who help themselves. So, you have to take a step, to sketch your life and colour it according to your choices. However, love holds a special place in life. When you have your loved ones by your side, life is no less than heaven.

The Shergills follow this principle of life and love. The head of the family is Dr. Vineet Shergill, a renowned neurosurgeon in the country. He is an expert in his field and holds a Doctorate in the same. He’s often invited for lectures in institutes all over the country, and even overseas. However, he has taken only one international invitation, where a conference was organised in London and he was invited for a lecture. After that, he decided to serve his mother country.

Dr Shergill is blessed with a pretty wife, Anamika Shergill, who happens to be a lawyer and owns her own law firm, Akshansh Law Firm, named after her children

Dr Shergill is blessed with a pretty wife, Anamika Shergill, who happens to be a lawyer and owns her own law firm, Akshansh Law Firm, named after her children. Anamika and Vineet are blessed with two sons – Akshit, the elder one, and Ansh, the younger one. Anamika shares a unique bond with each of them, while Vineet adores this cordial bond. He acts more like a friend to them and often takes the chance to show that he loves them. They are one small, happy family where there is only love, and there’s no space for hate and anger. Though arguments happen, they are momentary.

Anamika and Vineet have made it clear to their children that there is always room for improvement. There might be some things on which they disagree, they might argue or fight, but in the end, they have to take the decision together. They have to find out what’s right and what’s wrong. And they’d only be able to do it when they sit together and discuss. The arguments won’t do any good. That’s how, the boys have been – Akshit, being the elder one, is calm, composed, and mature,  he’s his dad’s twin, while Ansh, the younger one, is calm, mature and naughty at the same time. He possesses some traits of his beloved mother.

They are one family with different colours and immense love.

*****
It’s a regular day in the Shergill House. Anamika is in the kitchen, winding up the work. She’s plating the food for her husband, who’s yet to come home. Meanwhile, her younger son pounces on her, causing the daal to spill on the slab.

“Maaa…”