𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

Start from the beginning

    Marissa felt a gut-wrenching pain in her abdomen. Then she felt a pain in her back. Then she looked down and saw blood in her torso and black blood started to pour from her mouth. Everyone looked in her direction and saw her sitting on the floor against the doorframe. She saw the monster still attacking Nikolai. She brought one hand up weakly.

    She twisted it, and the monster disappeared. The others looked at her, Nikolai rushed over to her. "Hey, hey. Come on, don't die yet." Nikolai said, crouching down beside her.

    Marissa smiled weakly.

    "So, Alina stabbed you." Marissa said to Aleksander.

    "Yes. She did."

    "About time." Marissa said.

    "How does it feel?" He asked her.

    "How does what feel?"

    "To not be linked anymore." Aleksander smiled.

    "I get it, we're dead—"

    Aleksander smiled, "I unlinked us. You're free. You can live, have a life. Enjoy it." He told her. He cupped the side of her face. "I was wrong."

    "I like the start of this."

    "You are not like me. You're better. You are so much better. I wouldn't say a Saint, but who wants to be a Saint anyway?"

    Marissa had tears in her eyes, "I spent my entire life after you created the Fold, hating you and wanting you dead."

    "I know."

    "But you never once wanted me dead."

    "Because you are my little sister, always. And as much as we had our disagreements, I will always be here." Aleksander told her, smiling.

    "I wanted to."

    Aleksander furrowed his brows. "What?"

    "If you hadn't created the Fold and gone on a psychotic rampage, I would have liked to help with the Grisha. With you. The Morozova Siblings." Marissa told him. "I don't want you to go now—"

    "It will be alright. I promise. We'll meet again in a long time." Aleksander promised. "Goodbye, General Morozova, The Shadow Heretic." Aleksander grinned at his sister.

    "Goodbye, Aleksander Morozova." Marissa replied.

    Aleksander watched his sister disappear, he let out a deep breath.

    Marissa walked out, seeing the group. Nikolai looked up. "You're alive."

    "So are you."

    Then they all looked to the hill, where Alina, Inej, Nina, and Mal were all walking down from. But Mal steered a different direction, away from Alina. Inej handed Alina the blade. Inej went to say something to Kaz, but Jesper cut in and wrapped Inej in a hug.