(8) Smoke and Mirrors

Seonghwa was in the medical area of the house which was located in the back behind the staircase, while Hina was in her room withWooyoung treating her arm. "Is he going to be okay? I mean his leg looked bad plus all the other cuts and bruises from the crash- ow!" Hina said as Wooyoung put the bone back in place. "Sorry. And yes, with Yunho's expertise i'm sure he'll be fine. We didn't know he'd attack you guys like that." Wooyoung finished wrapping up her arm and after he dabbed some medicine Yunho gave him for Hina's scratches. 

Hongjoong walked in the hallway and heard the conversation between the two and walked in. "I'm surprised he held his own against Sargent. In the past he would avoid him but when there were failed missions he'd take blame for me. What I'm trying to say is, Seonghwa knows what he's doing and this is part of a plan." Hongjoong said as he leaned in the doorway. "You're just saying that to make me feel better aren't you?" Hina said with a deadpan expression. "No, this is true. He's a big part of our overall plan just no one knows yet." Hongjoong said as he crossed his arms. 

A day passes and Yunho must've finished early since Seonghwa was walking around the house. "How is he?" Hongjoong asked. "Physical therapy is a must and don't have him join anymore missions but other than that he'll be alright." Yunho said. They followed Seonghwa as he walked into the kitchen but the two were in the dining room. "How's your leg, Seonghwa? I couldn't conduct any big surgeries because we didn't have time to go to a hospital so I did what I could." Yunho walked to him and helped cook. 

"I'll be fine, as long as it doesn't slow me down or affect the way I fight." Seonghwa said as he was cutting strawberries. "I doubt this will slow you down and as for affecting the way you fight probably not, since you don't stay in one place for too long already. Nothing will be any different than usual." Yunho said. The two finished preparing breakfast and set the table, Hongjoong called everyone to the dining room and they all went down to their seats. Hina walked over to the kitchen and helped Seonghwa walk to his seat then she herself sat in between San and Jongho. 

Hongjoong was on look out duties for guardians since the attack the day before. Unfortunately there was nothing to report and the same goes for the days after but he still waited. "Captain? We should start thinking- oh, let's get you inside." Mingi said as he noticed Hongjoong asleep. He carried him upstairs slowly hoping not to wake him. He walked to his room and after he put him on the bed he left and closed the door. 

"So about the next phase?" Mingi asked as he returned to the group who were in the living room at the time. "Phase First Quarter. Yunho? Care to explain?" Seonghwa said as he stepped aside. "This is my moon phase so listen up. Seonghwa, you and Captain will be teamed together and stationed outside the city. Yeosang and I will be in the van. Wooyoung and San will be the decoys. And Jongho and Mingi will be look out." Yunho demanded. "The military and guardians are after us so we can't be slacking off on the job." Seonghwa added. "Yes sir." Wooyoung said mockingly. Seonghwa closed his eyes and let out a heavy sigh then sat down on the couch with help from Yunho.  

The day of the city attack had come and the boys got their stuff, Wooyoung told Hina that they'll be gone for a while and that he'll contact her if something happens. Yunho informed Hongjoong about Phase First Quarter and what the plan was. After that they all got in the van and Yunho drove to the position where the van is supposed to be. "Remember if all else fails we come back here." Yunho said before opening the door to get out of the van. 

The back opened at the same time and the others got out. They went to their positions and all they had to do now was wait for the military ops and guardians to arrive. After waiting a few minutes they came and Wooyoung and San's part of the plan was activated. "Why are we decoying if this is Yunho hyung's plan?" Wooyoung asked. "Because if the source gets taken out everyone and the whole plan will fall behind. That's why I'm here in the van. "Well that's a cowardly move." Wooyoung said as the two started walking across the city. 

Guardians saw them and started walking toward them, they did their woosan handshake then split up going separate directions to mess with the guardians and make them dizzy, but both of them were calm about it. "Woosan is on the move." Yeosang said through the earpieces. Yeosang was able to hack his way into the cameras all over the city and that means everyone was seen on the multiple computer screens in the van. 

Hongjoong saw Wooyoung and then readied his weapons. He got Seonghwa's attention and helped him get up from sitting on the ground. "Four guardians behind you Wooyoung." Hongjoong said before shooting them. "It's weird, they aren't catching us? Just following, is that a good thing?" Mingi said as he saw guardians follow San. "Yeah, Yeosang can you find anything about the way they're acting?" Yunho suggested. Yeosang used the cameras around the city but nothing out of the ordinary. "It's a Smoke and Mirrors tactic! Everyone get out of there!" Seonghwa said through the earpiece. "How did I not see that?" Yunho said. "How do you know for sure- Ahh!" Hongjoong was interrupted by military ops covering his mouth and taking him away. "They took Hongjoong!" Seonghwa yelled as he tried to chase after them but his leg gave out and crashed into San. "Hyung? I can't find Wooyoung he's not answering." San said panicked. "Everyone's gone we have to-" Yeosang was taken as well and no one could hear the end of what he was saying because of the static.