Chapter 15

"Morning you love birds., I heard one of the guys say."

"What time is it?", Avan mumbled.

"10am. Had a wild night?", Jackson grinned.

"No, we watched TV."

"Oh come on, we stayed out all night and you only watch TV?"

"Yeah, maybe next time."

"Anyway, want to go climbing?"

"Mason?"

"I am a bit scared of heights but it's fine as long as I don't go to the highest level."

"Great! Let's go then."

We went to the climbing area, five height levels between huge trees, I was excited, I did it a few times when I was younger but not on the highest level.

We all got our equipment and started to make our way to the top. It was fun, I really enjoyed doing things at my own pace, which was still faster than the others.

"Is there something you're not good at?"

"Visiting crowded events.", I laughed.

"Let's see if you're still that confident when you reach the zip line."

"Zip line?"

"In front of you."

"Oh, shit."

"You don't have to.", Avan reached the same point as me.

"Where does it end?"

"Other side of the lake."

"Lake?!"

"Yeah."

"Oh, dear."

"Really, you don't have to if you're uncomfortable.", the others reached us too.

Y"ou know what?", I locked in the security hook.
"F*ck it!", I said and jumped down the platform.

It wasn't as fast as expected, but it was fun, I felt free, the wind in my hair and the water sparkling in the sunlight under my feet. Way too fast I reached the other side.

I climbed down and waited for the others, I felt great, feeling like I could take over the world.

"Mason, respect!", Dave came too, followed by the others.

"What now? I'm so excited! Let's do something with action!"

"Mason, calm down.", Avan grabbed my shoulders.

"Did you break him?", Josh laughed.

"Sorry, I think that's the adrenaline speaking.", I tried to calm down.

"Did you like it?", Avan asked with a smile.

"Yeah.", I got lost in his eyes, but now I felt like I would cry any second.

"Hey, what's wrong?", he asked.

"I....I don't know. I am just so happy and excited and...shit!", but he just hugged me, I felt how I got calmer and stopped shaking.

"You alright?", Jackson worriedly asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks. What if we go drink something?"

"Sure, sounds good."

We went to a small bar and sat outside, beautiful view on the lake, the sun already began to set, sparkling in the water.

We talked about the day and what we should do tomorrow, what to get for dinner and other things.