04

Don't leave my side.

   No matter how pretty it may sound to someone's ears, it made you feel uneasy.

   "That has got to be the most pathetic thing he had said to someone."

   Nagisa, the head priest of the Nagisa Shrine, raises a brow at your verbal thought. You must have been thinking about it for a long time, enough for you to suddenly verbalize and failing to realize it.

   "Are you talking about the Minamoto kid?" he raises a brow as he sets his cup of tea down on the floor.

   You raise your brows, swiftly turning to Nagisa in surprise. The realization strikes to say that you failed to keep your thoughts in mind, a heavy sigh runs out of your mouth as you now attempt to come up with an excuse to cover up your absent-minded mistake.

   "If you dislike the kid so much," Nagisa begins, handing you your cup of tea. He hops off his seat, dragging himself towards the balcony, pointing at the Shrine's usual entrance. "Then you better start hiding."

   You stood up from your sitting position, peeking over Nagisa's shoulder to see Teru strolling down the pathway, seemingly approaching your place. Panic wraps up your head as you instantly rushed up to your room. You needed some time away from him. You noticed that the tension between the two of you had grew and is now quite heavy; your simple solution to that is distancing yourself away.

    "Nagisa-San!" Teru calls out with such enthusiasm, it would be hard to tell that this guy lacked sleep because of the job that has him dragged out of his home unwillingly.

    "Teru-Sama," Nagisa offers Teru a nod of acknowledgment as he watches the blonde exorcist skip his way inside the priest's humble abode. "[ name ] isn't home. She's out with her friends."

     Teru hums, his gaze lurking around the area until it fell to the tiny splashes of what he assumes is tea  down on the floor. It made a trail that leads up the stairs. He raises his brow, turning to Nagisa with a look of disappointment. One thing this old man failed to consider is that this boy can see through lies and is very attentive with his surrounding. It's the common traits he has to carry because of his sole responsibility.

   Supernaturals, after all, can tie a manipulative behavior to an emotional weak human.

   "That stupid girl..." Nagisa murmurs, pressing a palm against his forehead. He makes his way towards a nearby drawer, pulling out an old cloth to wipe the tea spills you made while rushing up to your room. "She's upstairs," but before Teru took a step, the priest halts him once more. "But if she refuses to talk to you, then don't force her to."

    "Why wouldn't she want to talk?" Teru's tone drops with curiosity. It always seems like he wouldn't cross lines when he's asked to, however, he's the opposite of that. He's more than happy to budge right through your door—just for tease.

     "Young master, my niece is a very bold girl." Nagisa says. "She'll show you if she doesn't want to talk to you. She'll make you feel it if she has to."

"I know." Teru brushes his bangs aside to show Nagisa the small, yet visible bump that you gave him yesterday. "She made it clear to me yesterday! The sight isn't so pleasing now, is it?"

Nagisa frowns, letting out a sigh. He didn't expect you to go as far as being physical with the blonde exorcist. However, he does believe that you carry a valid reason to execute such decision.