Chapter 6: The Shatterstrikers

Start from the beginning

"Awww yeah! Shouldn't be long before we get this wrapped up. Then it's back to our world tour!" Pearl said.

"Off the Hook, was it? I'm eager to get out of here so I can catch your act." Acht said. "I also heard you guys performed with Sonic Underground before the Days of Darkness War."

"Our science together is TIGHT! Peep the disclaimer first, 'cause we've been known to blow minds!" Pearl said.

"We still have a few shows left in our tour. You, Eight, and the others are more than welcome to come see one!" Pearl said.

"That would be nice." Rouge said.

"But with Mephiles probably still out there, we can't stick around in this world for long." Shadow said.

"I'll think about it. Though it'd mean flying. Never been on a plane before." Acht said.

"Blaze has a fear of heights. She's probably not the only one." Shadow said.

(/\ Floor 29F /\)

"Top Floor, everyone." Acht said.

"Order must be waiting for us there." Marina said. "I'm partly responsible for what's going on, so...I'll go out there with you guys."

"Without a weapon?! Forget THAT!" Pearl said, in concern.

"I know, I know! But I have to." Marina said.

"Look, it's pretty much impossible to change Marina's mind once it's set." Acht said. "But she can handle herself without a weapon. There shouldn't be a problem."

"That's so sweet of you, Acht!" Marina smiled.

"She does have a point." Shadow said. "I'm voting that Marina comes along."

Rouge, Omega, and Eight nodded in agreement.

"Alright, I can see when I'm outvoted. No big blazes of glory though, OK?" Pearl said.

"You got it, Pearl!" Marina said.

"You coming too, Acht?" Pearl asked.

"Nah. I'd rather not get in your way. I'll watch from here in case things go south." Acht replied.

"Good looking out. And yo, if things go real bad, keep Marina safe!" Pearl said. "Get hyped! Get psyched! Get ready for a big ol' messy FIGHT!"

"Time to put an end to Order." Shadow said, about to press the button for the top floor.

The elevator shook, making everyone fall to the floor. A puff of dark smoke blew in, clearing up moments later in which Mephiles was with everyone in the elevator.

"Honestly... I would've expected you to fall already. But no!" Mephiles said, in anger. "You continue to come after me!"

"Mephiles!" Shadow said, standing up.

Eight fired her Splattershot at him, but the ink went right through him.

"Do you honestly think I'm that dumb to come here myself? Pathetic." Mephiles said.

"What do you want, Mephiles?!" Pearl said, in anger. "You've already attempted to get rid of us in the Days of Darkness War. If you're gonna do something much worse, you might as well do it now!"

Mephiles sighed, and shook his head.

"I was going to appear in person, and cut the elevator to make you fall straight to the bottom and kill you... but my old team wants revenge for you destroying me during the war." Mephiles explained. "So, I'll leave them to it. Looks like your goal of getting out of this reality is gonna hit a detour."