Chapter 7: Restoring Order (End)

(/\ Flashback /\)

A week has passed after the Doppleclones left to find everything for Mephiles' new armor. As for him... he was ready to bring back his old team.

"Octostrikers... It's time for you to return." Mephiles flipped the switch that turned off the cryogenic chambers.

The new bodies of the Octostrikers began to wake up. The doors opened up, emerging dry ice smoke from inside. The four beings walked out of their chambers, wondering how they were alive.

"Master Mephiles." The Octostrikers said, in shock to see their master is alive.

"Welcome back, Octostrikers." Mephiles said, as his team bowed to him.

"How is this possible? The Freedom Fighters destroyed you!" Gizmo said.

"I was never really destroyed. But merely repressed inside my emerald." Mephiles said, taking out his emerald. "It kept my power stable, and once the time was right... I had returned."

"So, you're immortal or something?" Rogue asked, as Jinx slapped him.

"Of course he is, you idiot! He's a god!" Jinx explained, irritated.

"I wasn't a god when I was first created. But when I took some of Solaris' power... I've become the embodiment of evil." Mephiles explained to his team. "So, if I'm ever destroyed again... I'll be back in a matter of time."

"He's right. Another good reason to why he made me build those clone chambers." Gizmo said.

"Exactly. But during my last battle, I found out my vengestone armor was damaged by pure chaos energy thanks to Shadow and Scourge during my last battle with Sonic." Mephiles said. "So, I need my armor repaired before our next encounter."

"I'll get right on it, master." Gizmo said.

Gizmo went off to the lab, to repair his Mephiles' armor.

"What shall the rest of us do?" Revenant asked.

"As for the rest of you... before I explain, I'm going to give the four of you new powers that will help with my new plans for the destruction of the entire universe." Mephiles replied.

"Yes, master." Revenant, Rogue, and Jinx said, in unison bowing to their master.

"Follow me." Mephiles ordered, as his team followed.

Gizmo joined the rest of his team after repairing Mephiles' armor. With their new powers, the renamed themselves to be called the Shatterstrikers. Mephiles then explained to his team about what Marina was developing back on Earth, and saw it as an opportunity to get rid of the Freedom Fighters there.

(/\ End of Flashback /\)

Everyone was back in the elevator, still trying to figure out how the Mephiles and the Octostrikers... Now called the Shatterstrikers, were here in the City of Order.

"What happened back there?" Acht asked, in concern.

"Mephiles tried to slow us down with another boss floor." Eight explained.

"It was of the Octostrikers, for some reason." Pearl said.

"Well, those guys are the most elite of Octoling warriors in Octavio's Octarian army." Marina said.

"Wait, you said the Octostrikers are working for Mephiles? But... I thought those guys betrayed Octavio for him during the War of Darkness." Acht said.

"They were actually under Mephiles' control during the war. After we destroyed him, they regained their consciences and went back to normal." Shadow explained.