Chapter 7: Larkin gets hurt.

Olivia's POV:

It was a couple of weeks later. I was so in to my studies that I didn't feel like leaving the human world. I did of course, but even in my wolf, I would grip a pen in my jaws and manage to write things for notes. My teachers understood why and made me feel welcome.

One of my favourite teachers was one called MRS Dixon. Something told me she was a bit wolf-like. Was she? I wasn't sure.

The school bell rang out for lunchtime break. I followed Larkin and Kinsey to our usual spot. I felt a bit of a growl wanting to break out of me. My wolf was definitely growling in my head. Danger ... danger!

"Are you okay, Livvy?" Larkin noticed my expression.

"It's ... nothing," I lied.

I got out my food from my bag and started nibbling at my cheese sandwich that Kinsey got for me.

Danger ...... Danger! My wolf was whimpering in my mind.

I froze mid chew and saw them. Francesca and Freya. Larkin didn't notice and carried on eating his BLT sandwich.

"Oh, no," groaned Kinsey. "Not those two!"

"Well, hello," sneered Fancesca, coming closer. "I see that that thing is here."

"Are you talking about me, by any chance, Francesca?" I put my sandwich away and stood up.

"Backchatting me are we, b****?" Francesca grinned, coming even more closer.

But I was ready for her. I lashed out and caught her on the cheek. She fell back, cluching her cheek and moaning.

"Come at me again," I said. "And you will get it worse."

Freya grinned.

"Oh will she?" She asked. "What will you do if I hurt your friend?"

Larkin froze and went pale. Kinsey glared at Freya. Oh no! I sat down, feeling my wolf wanting to come out. But I managed to fight the erge. I couldn't do that. Then I would be chucked out of school.

"You wouldn't dare," snapped Kinsey. "What's Larkin ever done to you?"

"He's different," said Freya with a sneer.

"And what is that meant to mean?" I felt the growl rip out of me.

"Olivia?" Kinsey cautioned. "Bee careful!"

I had to think fast. My wolf really wanted to come out. We must protect Larkin, Olivia.

"Excuse me for a few minutes," I whispered to Kinsey. "Keep things calm here."

I saw the nod and then ran off.

***

Larkin's POV:

I watched as Olivia ran off. Kinsey sat in front of me, protecting me from Francesca and Freya.

"Get out the way, Kinsey!" Freya said.

"No," snapped my sister.

I felt the colour redrain from my face. I could see that Francesca was smiling. Oh help! I started trembling.

"I can see you, you looser."

I tried to make myself small. But Francesca got round Kinsey.  She grabbed me and dragged me along the ground. I cried out in pain as she got her grip tighten.

"Ah, oh, aww!" Francesca sneered slapping me hard, making me gasp out.

"Get off him!" Screamed my sister.

But she wouldn't. I felt her slapping me hard everywhere. I was crying. It really hurt.

"Please," begged my sister, almost in tears herself. "Or I'll report you."

But Freya was now at it, too! I felt my world getting slowly black. But before I completely passed out, I saw something that made my heart race. This beautiful wolf came racing up, teeth beared in a snarl. Freya stopped and ran. Francesca dropped me and did the same. Olivia's wolf galloping after them. I wasn't sure how she could see them with her damaged eyes that was caused from an attack from her parents.

Kinsey came over and picked me up, holding me to her as she sniffled.

"I'm sorry," she sniffled. " I tried to stop them."

I felt like passing out. Then the wolf came back. She found us and nuzzled me. Her eyes looked like she was upset. I reached out and she nuzzled my hand to reassure me that she was there for me.

"Oh, Olivia," sniffled my sister, putting an arm round the wolf. "Well done!"

Olivia looked worried. She whimpered and put her nose on me.

"He'll be okay," said Kinsey with hope in her voice.

I petted her muzzle. "Thank you, Livvy!"

Then I passed out.

***

Olivia's POV:

I watched from where I changed out of my clothes and shoving them into m school bag and shoving the bag in a hole in the wall. Then shifting into my wolf. I watched as the girls grabbed my Larkin and slapped him. I could see blood coming out of his nose and mouth. I felt so angry and growled.

When I got back from chasing them, I lay beside Larkin and whimpered. Kinsey tried to comfort me.

"He'll be okay," she said.

I hoped she was right. But those girls will pay!

—————————

A/N:

I am so sorry for the delay on this chapter. But here you go!

Poor Larkin! Am I right?

I promise that the next chapter won't be as long waited for! I had a great birthday, but I did miss writing this book!

Watch out for chapter 8 next weekend.

Love from Wolfie!