"Okay! I'm going to try something...Call you back" She hangs up the phone and I stare at it dumbfounded.

Suddenly, I'm not sure if asking Liv for help was a good idea. Her ideas are usually effective, but they aren't always the most...right.

Not more than a minute later, Dr. Fierman's cell phone rang. He yawns and answers, but no one speaks.

"That's weird" he says, looking at me "I got a call from the hospital, but no one spoke."

Okay, Liv, the idea wasn't a bad one. He is awake. But will he go away?

He sits up in my bed, looking as embarrassed as I am.

"I better get back to the hospital" he says apprehensive "There must be an emergency"

"Yes, of course" I nod frantically.

I go into the living room, giving him privacy to get dressed, because again, I don't know what the etiquette is in these situations, but I'm sure it's considered rude to watch the other person get dressed.

"Can I call you?" he says when he joins me.

"Sure..." I say in a strange and out of tune voice.

Please don't.

"Ok, good"

He takes me by surprise with a kiss and leaves. God, I don't want him to call me. I hope he won't.

As soon as the elevator door closes, I turn to head back to my apartment, but my gaze darts to the apartment in front of mine. I jump because the apartment has been emptied for months.

So, who's there?

The first thing my eyes see as soon as the door opens are legs. Long, tanned legs. My gaze moves up to his bare, muscled, tanned torso. But it's the eyes that steal my breath. Green olive, but somehow dark at the same time. The kind of eyes that frighten and delight at the same time.

Eyes that are now staring at me.

Not in a good way.

Conor

There's a girl looking at me.

I don't know if it's from the alcohol, but she looks fucking beautiful. Shaggy light brown hair, dark eyes, and shiny legs that I suddenly want to wrap around my waist. She's only wearing a black t-shirt and I can almost see her thighs.

She has swollen lips and I know why. She just had sex. And I know this because the walls of my new apartment are apparently too thin. I wish I fucking knew that before I agree to sign a one-year lease agreement.

I heard EVERYTHING. The bed banging against the wall, a guy moaning, but ironically, I didn't hear any female moans.

Now she's looking at me like she's seen a ghost.

Do I look drunk or am I just looking like shit?

"What?" My voice comes out harsher than I intend, and I don't know why.

I mean, I know why. I fucking heard her having sex.

"Are you new here?" she asks in a nice tone.

I don't like her voice. It's fragile and feminine. It makes me want to break her.

"Seems so" I reply, getting out of my apartment and heading to the elevator.

She's trying to be nice, but I'm not interested in making friends. In fact, that's the last thing I want.

She notices it and her friendly tone fades.

"Someone knows how to make a good impression"

Oh, she's salty after all.