Secret?

In this AU they are humans, and they are dating however Akaza wasn't ready to announce it and Douma takes it the wrong way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Douma's POV:

I was walking through the school hallways when I see Akaza, I decide to go over to him once I get my stuff for my next classes. I manage to get to my locker through the crowded hallways, tall privileges I suppose. 

Once I reach my locker I quickly open it and take out my stuff before even more students come in the halls, I quickly shut the locker and then I head off to look for Akaza.

*

*

*

I walk around the halls when I finally spot Akaza again and I turn to go to him, however when I walk over to him and hug him he seems... embarrassed? I decide to let go and when I do Akaza walks away before I can say anything. I'm really confused, why would he walk away? 

Akaza's POV:

I was helping the others fix the bulletin board when I see Douma walking towards me, then he hugs me. I can't help but feel slightly embarrassed at this, I think he noticed since he let goes after a few seconds, and I quickly take this chance to walk away before I can't leave later.

When I leave I feel slightly bad for doing that to Douma, especially knowing that Douma usually was much more sensitive, I hope he doesn't take it wrongly. I decided that maybe I should apologize, however something inside me stops me. So I decided to try waiting until it was lunch, where I'll be able to find him more easily.

*

*

*

Now it's finally lunch, I quickly hurry over to the cafeteria in hopes of being able to find Douma. I looked around and spotted him immediately, since he stood out, he was quite tall. I quickly walk over to him and wave at him.

Douma's POV:

I was walking to the cafeteria and when I entered I headed to the vending machine to get a bottle of water since I unluckily forgot to bring my bottle today to school.

I quickly take out a dollar and put it in the machine and I take my bottle of water, and when I turn around I see Akaza waving to me. I feel slightly happy that he was waving at me but I also remember earlier and how he walked away from me, I felt very conflicted but I eventually brush off my negative thoughts and walk over to him.

"Hi Akaza!" I say when I walk over to him. He nods and then we both head over to our usual table.

"So, what did you have to do for Science? She assigned us all projects with 3 other people, and now I'm stuck with some people I don't even know, and I have to do the project with them.." Akaza tells me, and I can tell that he was quite annoyed with this and wasn't excited at all for the project.

"Ah well I just had Science last period and I have to work on a project as well. I'm working with 2 other people, and I don't know them either, but they're pretty nice overall during class." I reply with my usual positive replies.

"Well good for you then. I'm stuck with three other people and I don't even know them, and when we were suppose to talk about our topic in class for the project they didn't even speak at all only me and one other person were talking!" Akaza tells me in an annoyed tone, quite normal for him though, knowing that he tends to not really look at the positive side.

"Well at least one other person was also talking?" I tell him, not really knowing what else to do than try to help him see a better side of this.

"Honestly, I'm probably going to just do my part of the project and get it over with." Akaza says in his usual dull, negative tone. I just nod and then start eating my lunch, then that's when I decide to bring up what happened earlier in the morning.

"Akaza, why did you leave this morning when I hugged you? And you seemed embarrassed?" I ask, wanting to know why he did it. He turns to me and slowly starts speaking.

"Well, I guess I'm just not really comfortable with contact with others I guess.." Akaza says, as he tries to avoid the question as much as possible. I notice this and decide to ask another question.

"Why were you embarrassed?" I ask wanting him to answer more clearly this time.

"I already said, I didn't feel comfortable with it." Akaza replies, sounding slightly annoyed.

"But, we've already been dating for 3 months! Is that all you have to say?" I say again also matching his annoyed energy.

"I already said, I just don't feel comfortable" Akaza says again, raising his voice a little bit more each time he says it.

"But Akaza! That's not the point! All the other times when I hug you, you never go away or get embarrassed!" I say slightly annoyed and confused at this.

"It's because there were so many other people around, Douma!" Akaza says in an agitated tone.

"...So what you're saying is that you're embarrassed with me..?" I say in a quiet and hurt tone, I get up and then leave, I didn't feel like arguing with Akaza so I decided to leave before I too far again.

*

*

I head outside, since I had a free period after lunch so I leave and decide to go find an empty bench outside. I exit and I find a seat nearby and I sit down and the fresh air helps me clear my mind slightly from before.

Akaza's POV:

When he finishes speaking that's when he gets up and leaves, I stare at him dumbfounded as he leaves. That's when I realized I must've crossed the line and actually hurt him, especially knowing how sensitive he was too. 

I quickly finish my lunch and decide to go head out of the cafeteria and look for him, and that's when I remember I forgot to apologize from before as well. Now I know I really probably messed up bad.

*

*

I head outside to look around for Douma, and I notice him on an empty bench and I quickly rush over and then I sit down next to him. He turns to me and I can see that he was confused why I came to find him.

"Why are you here?" Douma says in a confused tone, but I can see through that completely and I can also hear the hurt in his tone.

"I, well, I know I messed up didn't I? Well I came to apologize for earlier. In the hallway and in the cafeteria." I say after a few seconds, then I wait for him to answer.

"Oh.. well I am a bit hurt, but I'm confused, so are you embarrassed or not?" He asks me slightly confused.

"Well I do like you, I just don't want it to be public yet, since I'm not really ready for anything that's going to happen" I reply to him.

I see Douma smile slightly and I sigh of relief glad that he was not as upset anymore. 

"So do you forgive me for earlier?" I ask just to make sure I was interpreting this correctly so nothing else bad happens.

"Yea!" Douma replies without a second thought. I'm glad that he wasn't doubting anything and quickly replied confidently.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, well I finished one! And reminder I'll take any oneshots in the comments! So feel free to put in any suggestions.

Have a good day everyone! <3