Chapter 45 A moment to cherish forever

Start from the beginning

Later in the evening, as the celebration continues, Grace and I find a quiet moment together, looking at the twins in the crib. It's a beautiful sight, and I feel grateful for the blessings in our lives.

Giana is fascinated by a balloon hovering just above her. Her blue eyes widen with wonder, and she makes adorable attempts to reach for it, tiny hands flailing in the air.

On the other side of the crib, Evan lies comfortably, uninterested in the balloon. Instead, his attention is captivated by a playful plush toy hanging above him. His tiny hands swat at the toy with all the determination a two-week-old can muster.

Determined to catch the balloon, Giana lets out a series of cute coos and gurgles while Evan talks with the toy in his language. We burst into laughter at the charming antics of their tiny duo.

Photographers seize the opportunity and capture these heartwarming moments.

As we give the balloon to Giana and the toy to Evan, they start sucking them, indicating to us that they're hungry.

"I think it's time to feed them, Steve." Grace utters, moving her eyes to me.

I joke, "You should feed them before they start crying, becoming tiny angry hulks. Then they'll throw tantrums and it'll get difficult for us to handle them."

"You're right." She chuckles, cradling Evan, while I lift Giana in my arms.

We head inside to fill the little tummy of our little ones.

***

After feeding the hungry twins, we return to the party, nestling them against us. Their grandfathers take them to introduce them to some guests.

The party atmosphere changes as romantic music plays in the background, and couples start dancing on stage.

"Would you like to dance with your ex-husband?" I ask Grace, extending my hand towards her, causing her brows to slightly raise in surprise.

I just don't want to miss this opportunity to dance with her because I have always imagined romantically dancing with her.

After a few seconds only, a smile spreads across her beautiful face, and she places her hand in mine. "I would love to."

When her hand brushes against mine, it sends a jolt of electricity down my spine. It's incredible how her mere touch has the power to make me tremble.

And I can tell that her smile reflects her excitement to dance with me, and it brings me so much joy.

After guiding her to the stage, I place my hands on her waist before yanking her towards me. She rests her hands on my shoulders, fixing her sparkling brown eyes on me. Every time her eyes meet mine, I lose myself into them. There's some kind of magic in them.

As our eyes silently converse, our bodies move to the rhythm of the song. I rest my hands on her back, and when she feels my touch on her bare skin, a shiver runs through her veins. I truly love her reaction to my touch.

After bending her body backwards, I lean my body on hers. As my face rests on her neck, she feels my warm breath on her skin, and an electric current passes through our bodies.

As I pull her close to me, snaking my arm around her waist, her body meets my muscular chest. I can feel the movement of her busts as they rise and fall with each heavy breath. Our faces are inches apart, and we can feel each other's warm breath on our lips. The proximity drives us crazy.

I missed this a lot. Really!

She encircles her arms around my neck, moving closer to my face. Just one more step and our lips will touch.