Blind Bo

Every morning, Sharky would wake up early, put on his pirate hat, and take his saber, which to everyone was just a dull kitchen butter knife, but to him, it was a deadly weapon capable of cutting any enemy in half who dared to cross his path. The rusty butter knife was polished to a white and now looked more like it belonged to Miss Magpie, who was always looking for anything shiny, but to Sharky, it was a sure sign of how valuable his saber was.

 The rusty butter knife was polished to a white and now looked more like it belonged to Miss Magpie, who was always looking for anything shiny, but to Sharky, it was a sure sign of how valuable his saber was

Sharky trained every day without rest. When the weather was good, he would go on missions in the wheat field that stretched as far as the eye could see and was guarded by the most ferocious villain in the area - the bloodthirsty Bald Man. The scarecrow, which Sharky had designated as a bloodthirsty monster, had done nothing to deserve such a fate, but every sunny day an opossum armed to the teeth (or at least so Sharky thought) would come and start poking it with a butter knife. At first, Baldy was horrified, but then he found that there were advantages. First, no mouse dared to come near him and live in his legs, and who would want some weirdo waving butter knives around in their yard every day? The other advantage was the lack of any feathered creatures that were constantly making sure Baldy's hat was dirty. With an opossum shaking a scarecrow in the middle of the field, no bird dared to come near. This was wonderful for Baldy, who was eagerly waiting for his sparring partner to appear and had even started to get into character as a bloodthirsty villain, throwing bits of straw on Sharky's head.

And so our two heroes spent the beautiful sunny days, but when it was rainy things were not the same. Sharky was persistent and did not give up on pirate adventures and training so easily, but he could not sit outside when there was a storm raging. Every self-respecting pirate knows that bad weather is not for them, except of course when they are in open water on the deck of a pirate ship. But, luckily for Sharky, he did not have one and had to train on land. The only problem was that this dry place was the barn. In general, there is no problem hanging out in the barn. There is no one to bother the pirate training and preparing for glory, except for Marko, but he was old, deaf and not particularly talkative. Except when he happened to burst out laughing, but these occasions were extremely rare, or at least as rare as rainy days.

 Except when he happened to burst out laughing, but these occasions were extremely rare, or at least as rare as rainy days

Sharky's training in the barn usually started in a similar way. Every time he entered, he would hear old Marko chuckle something like:

"Hey boy, an opossum walks into a bar and says, 'I'll have a water, please. I can't drink alcohol - the last time I got drunk, I pretended to be dead and woke up in another city!'"