"Pehle bas handsome bolti thi.. abhi beautiful inside out.. hmm..are you falling for him... crush se uska promotion hua lag raha hai?" he asked.

"Yeah, like he is eagerly waiting for me to fall in love with him... right...waise mera kabhi crush nahin tha us pe." she retorted sarcastically,there was a bitterness in her voice.

"Don't tell me about him, tell me about yourself," Samarth encouraged.

"Swear you won't start giving me advice," she half-joked with a vulnerability in her whole being.

"Go on," he urged.

"Ok...so...I really like him... he's hot. And seems better than any book boyfriend,kuch kami hi nahin hai... handsome, humble and andha paisa..
But his mind is a bit too rational... always seek logic in everything. I have my own madness, I see magic in places... it's like he limits the scope... har chij ke peeche reasons deta hai... dopamine, serotonin, ghantamin.. yehi sab bolta rehta hai..
And upar se woh mature and successful hai, bada hai mujhse..koi match hi nahin" she confessed and stopped.

"Woh nahin milega" she added after a pause.

"What if he develops an interest? What will you do then?" Samarth inquired.

"I don't think he will,us ke bohat hi weird views hai yaar,regarding love and relationships..besides, he is meeting that kutti Sameera today... maybe they will rekindle their old relationship," she said, and felt a sharp ache listening to her own words.

"Oh...," Samarth responded, his expressed and Shehnaaz felt like talking about him more.

"You know,he came with me to the slum... everyone was so happy to meet him there... he is so down to earth and empathetic too," she recounted with a soft smile.

"Oh! That's quite some progress," he remarked, nodding in approval.

"Arey...woh log fund bhi kar rahe hain na...so jaana toh ek baar banta hai" she replied when her phone started pinging again.

"Yeah, your phone has been buzzing like crazy, by the way," he pointed out.

"I'm going for coffee with Raunak at 3," she informed him.

"Kahan?" He asked.

"The big Chill... Connaught Place" she replied.

"He is also going for lunch.... you are going with Raunak because of that, right?" he teased playfully.

"Shut up... I am not that shallow," she replied, though a pang of guilt stirred within her, knowing there was some truth to his joke.

"Jali padi hai teri... I can see" He said next

"Why would I be jealous? He is really sweet and I like him... I really him as a friends.. thats it," she responded defensively but she didn't like referring him as a 'friend', they were not in any relationship but no ,they definitely weren't just friends.her conscience said, no one gets such improper thoughts about their friends.

"And I am meeting Sameera tomorrow... I wonder what that kutti will say," she added with a sigh.

"Stop calling her that, it hurts, aisi phool jaisi hai woh" he exclaimed dramatically, clutching his chest as if in pain. Then, she briefly told him about her father's interactions with Sidharth, he wanting to confide in Samarth about how Sidharth had been there for her during her emotions breakdown,how he had been her rock during her lowest moments,. But the thought of opening up to Raunak about her vulnerabilities and emotional struggles held her back, so she skipped over those parts and focused on how caring and gentlemanly Sidharth had been during her stay at his place.