Give me a goddamn baseline

Start from the beginning

   Clyde shrugged, his lips pursed slightly and his hands held out in a 'what did I do?' motion as he watched him leave. He looked back to M/n and Jimmy for an answer but they were more interested in side eyeing each other. "Whatever, I'm gonna go put on American Pie." 

    "Please don't." Jimmy laughed, grabbing the crutches leaning against the island beside him. As he pulled himself up to his full height M/n noted he was also pretty tall, further convincing him that someone was putting something in the water up there in the mountains. 

   He silently followed the two upstairs and back into Tolkien's room, listening to them argue over what movie to put on. It lasted a good ten minutes and at some point Tolkien emerged from the hallway, inviting M/n onto his bed with him. Peering over at them as they bickered endlessly. 

   "Okay, shut up." Tolkien finally snapped. "Let M/n pick." 

   Jimmy was content, and Clyde shamefully tossed M/n the remote from his spot on the air mattress. He pouted like a wet dog for a millisecond before he heard the unmistakable thwacking noise of a remote hitting a hard surface.

   "Ow." 

   "Why would you hit him?" 

   Clyde whipped around to look at Tolkien, M/n rubbing his injured knee absentmindedly while flipping through streaming services. "Shit— I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." 

   M/n waved him off, clearly unbothered.

   "No, M/n milk that shit." Tolkien demanded, playfully but there was a hint of seriousness in his voice. 

   With a sigh and a roll of his eyes M/n decided to play along. He clicked a few buttons, playing the first episode of some show he didn't recognize immediately. Dropping the remote he fell dramatically to the side, draping himself over Tolkien's bed limply. 

   "You killed him."

   "Wo- wow those acting skills are top- top- top notch."

   No noise escaped M/n, instead his chest bounced as he chuckled through his nose. 

  "Oh no, my insurance won't cover this." Clyde replied sarcastically. "How will I ever atone?" 

   "Robux." M/n's still limp body replied. 

   Clyde smiled, making a spectacle out of thinking about it. "Robux is a new one, usually people ask me for free shoes." He watched M/n prop himself up with his elbows and and grin at him, assuming that that was the end of it till Clyde started again. "Fine, you've convinced me. I'll buy you robux." 

   "You're so generous." Tolkien scoffed, but M/n seemed content as he sat back up. 

   "I try." 

   Jimmy quickly shook his head 'no', just out of Clyde's peripheral which made the other two laugh. A noise from the tv caught their attention and Jimmy immediately tuned into the show, lowering himself onto the couch in the middle of the room. 

   "Did you pu- pu- put on '90 Day Fiancé,'?" 

    M/n shrugged blankly and just like that they were hooked for the next hour and a half. 

   They were only interrupted once when Tolkien's brownie timer went off, and to M/n's amusement he took the remote with him to the kitchen after Clyde threatened to unpause it before he got back. Reality television was unsurprisingly addictive, like watching a train wreck, and at some point M/n managed to tear his eyes away long enough to check the time. Eight, or eight-ish. Late enough to justify changing into something more comfortable. He slipped out, bag in hand, without pausing the show or saying anything. He was more focused on the texts he received a few minutes ago from Stan.