But as I held her, breathing in the warmth of her presence, I wondered: Could I endure this distance for seven days? Or would each passing moment stretch into an eternity, leaving me yearning for her touch?

Only if they knew, it's hard for me to even think about it. She is the reason I'm happy, the one for whom I wake up every morning. She is my everything, the sole reason for my existence.

Silently, I gaze at her. Her sleeping face appears even more beautiful. Just by looking at her, my heart-my entire being-finds its home and peace.

Sleep eludes me, so I decide to watch her. Nothing can be more loving than this: me looking at her while she sleeps in my embrace.

The first light of dawn crept over the horizon, casting a gentle glow on her sleeping form. I had lost track of time, lost in the delicate contours of her face. But then, Nani maa's words echoed in my mind: "We cannot look at each other from today."

Her beliefs were mine, and I trusted her wisdom implicitly. So, with a heavy heart, I closed my eyes and turned away from her. The room seemed to spin as I lifted her, cradling her in my arms like a precious secret.

The mansion was familiar territory-I knew every room, every corridor, every hidden passage. I had been trained for this, for moments like these when love and duty collided. As I carried her toward the guest room, I wondered how long I could bear this separation. How many days until I could gaze into her eyes again?

In that quiet hallway, with the weight of her in my arms, I vowed to endure. For her. For us.

I opened the guest room door, my eyes adjusting to the dim light. There, on the bed, Chavi slept peacefully. But as I cleared my throat, she sat up, her eyes wide with surprise. She rolled her eyes, and I mirrored the gesture.

If only she weren't my wife's best friend, I might have throttled her by now.

✧❥☆۝☆❥✧

Divya Desai Pov, I opened my eyes and found myself in the guest room. He must have left me here-obviously because from today we don't have to see each other. It sucks.

I respect all the rules and beliefs, but this one sucks. Maa has told me many times that if the bride and groom see each other before their wedding, it's considered a bad omen.

And I do not want anything bad to happen at our wedding. It's just one week-yes, I cannot think properly if I don't see him.

The door burst open, and Chavi hurriedly entered, carrying my Haldi outfit. My brows furrowed, and I asked, "Why are you in such a hurry?" She placed the dress neatly on the bed and glared at me, as if she could devour me whole.

"We only have two hours. Do you think you'll be able to get ready that quickly?" Her voice held a note of panic, and I glanced at the clock on the nightstand. My eyes widened-it was already 11:50 am, as if nobody had bothered to wake me up even once.

Standing up quickly, I asked her, "Why didn't you wake me up?" She rolled her eyes at my question and replied, "It was your soon-to-be husband's order not to wake you up." Her voice was sarcastic, taunting me. I let out a deep sigh.

"Since when do you listen to him?" I retorted. She shrugged her shoulders and said, "We don't have time to argue, Divi. Go take a bath, and then I'll get you ready." She was right; I nodded and walked into the bathroom.

I emerged after wearing my yellow lehenga with a kurti and a dupatta. Chavi was busy on her phone, but when she heard the doorknob twist, her eyes actually shined, and she almost ran towards me.