A Date

The next day after class both my classes, I ran into Melody in the lounge. She seemed to look a little nervous as I sat down next to her.
"Hi Melody." I said.
"H-hi."
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah."
"Um okay." I said as I began to unwrap my
sandwich.
"Are you busy Saturday?"
"I'm not sure. Why?" I said as I took a bite of my sandwich.
"W-would you um go on a date with me?" Melody said shyly.
"What?" I said shocked.
"Would you go on a date with me?" Melody asked.
"Um sure. I-I just um have to make sure my dads can babysit? You don't mind that I have two dads do you?" I asked.
"Of course not. I mean we're both girls. So it's a date Saturday. Make sure to wear something comfortable." Melody said.
"Okay. Well I have to go to the admissions office. I need to change my major." I said.
"I'll walk you." Melody said.
We walked to the admissions office and I changed my major and minor. Melody then walked me to my car and I said bye and headed home. Once I got there I heard laughter.
"I'm home." I said
"In here!" I heard my dad Harry say.
"Hey. How was school today?" My dad Louis asked as he fed the twins and Maddie.
"It was good. Would you and dad be able to watch the kids Saturday?" I asked.
"Any particular reason my dad Harry asked.
"I have a date." I mumbled.
"What was that?" My dad Louis asked.
"I have a date." I said a little louder.
"With who!" My dad Louis asked.
"Her name is Melody. We have a few classes together." I said.
"Alright but no funny business." My dad Louis said.
"Dad! It's not like that. It's just one date." I said and both my dads laughed.
"We just want you to be careful. Take it slow." My dad Harry said placing his hand on my shoulder. I nodded. My dad Harry then put a plate down for me.
"Thanks." I said but only ate a little bit. I wasn't that hungry. I then went to grab the twins but my dad Harry shook his head.
"No, we've got this. You go shower and get ready for bed. By the time you're done, all of your children will be ready to be tucked in." My dad Harry said. I then got up and kissed both my dad's cheeks.
"Thank you. I love you both." I said and headed upstairs to get ready for bed. Once I was done. I saw the kids were already down so I said goodnight to each of them by giving them a kiss and heading straight to my own bed. Maybe I would be able to start something fresh with Melody.