Chapter 5

Morgan woke up to Miles snoring in her ear. She slid from under him and put a pillow in her place. Morgan walked to the bathroom and freshen up. She walked in the kitchen to see mama Pat in the kitchen cooking.

"Morning mama Pat you need some help" Morgan asked and she looked up.

"Yea you can come help out since Tasia is still sleep" she said and Morgan walked over to the sink.

"So Tasia is cooking now" Morgan asked in shocked, back then she could get Tasia to cook anything.

"Girl she makes so good macaroni, we still working on the cornbread" she said and Morgan chuckled.

"I'll make pancakes, do you have any buttermilk" she asked as she wiped her hands off.

"Of course, everything you can think of is in the fridge" she said as she flipped the sausages.

"Okay, so how's everything been" Morgan asked as she sat her a station up.

"No, how's everything been for you" she said as she turned looking at Morgan.

"Taking everything day by day and sleeping through what I can't figure out" she told her and Mama Pat felt sorry for her.

"Morgan are you still praying and going to church" she asked her and Morgan shook her head no.

"Praying yes, church no. I tried a couple of them but none of them made me feel like home you know" she said and mama Pat began cracking the eggs.

"That's because Atlanta isn't your home babygirl" she said and Morgan nodded in agreement.

"I agree, I spend time doing nothing and if it wasn't for my dad I probably would be working a nine to five to get by" she said as she prepared the homemade pancakes.

"You don't paint anymore" she asked turning the oven off pulling the bread out the oven.

"No ma'am, I stopped about two years ago. I saved up enough to leave it alone" she said, she honestly didn't know why she stopped painting.

"Maybe you should start back, it was your passion. I mean you are a great artist I seen the painting you did for Tasia and Ben, it's still beautiful" she said and Morgan grabbed the blueberries and butter out the fridge.

"I don't know mama, I haven't found or thought of anything beautiful to paint" she said as she put the pancake on the griddle.

"God will lead you, pray on it" she told her and Morgan looked up to see Tasia waddling in the kitchen.

"Morning y'all, I see you replaced me today momma" Tasia said as she as she sat down on the counter stool.

"No sweetheart, we still need to make the grits if you want to do that" she said and Tasia shook her head no.

"No thank you, I'm fine" she said pulling out her phone.

Morgan kept quiet the rest of the time in the kitchen. She didn't dare look at Tasia. Mama Pat walked out the kitchen and the two said nothing. Tasia looked at Morgan who was focused on flipping the pancakes.

"So have you told anyone yet" Tasia asked breaking the silence.

"I've only told Miles" she told him and Tasia nodded.

"I told Ben, and I told him everything. Including the needles Morgan" Tasia said speaking lowly.

"So the cat is out the bag now... what happens next" she asked as she took the pancakes off the griddle.

"Therapy... but can we do it together because I've already did mental therapy but because this is between us I want to accomplish this together" she said and Morgan looked at her.