Attack or be Attacked

Chapter 16

"Hey Michael,"

I snapped out of my thoughts. "Yeah?" I asked, looking at Ash.

"You look like you have something on your mind,"

I sighed. My instincts told me to just say I was fine. But I wasn't. "Yeah, kinda,"

Ash looked at me with concern. "Would you mind telling me? You seem kind of bothered."

That surprised me slightly. Ash was very perceptive for a 10-year-old. I thought about it briefly, wondering how to put it into words. I thought about saying I was fine, but that would just be a lie. "I was just thinking about my family," I said, "It's been a while since I've seen them,"

Ash nodded. "I don't see my mom that much either, my dad left when I was very little so I never really saw him,"

That surprised me. Ash seemed very carefree and energetic despite not even remembering one of his parents.

"So what are your parents like?" asked Ash, "I'd love to meet another Latios and Latias,"

"Well," I said, not sure how to explain it, "my parents are actually human,"

"They are?" asked Ash, "But then why are you a Latios?"

I sighed at that. "Well, it's a long story,"

Ash gestured to the ship that was still flying in an odd circle pattern. "We have time,"

I didn't exactly feel like telling Ash, after all, he was only about 10 or 11 and I was 15. There was something different about him though, something... beyond his age. It was as if he knew exactly what to say to make me feel comfortable telling him. He had some kind of presence that could put anyone at ease, but only when he wanted to. I hadn't noticed it much until now, but I thought that this might be the 'Chosen One' thing Latios and Latias were talking about.

"Michael?" Ash's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry," I said, "I just zoned off for a bit." A moment of silence passed between us.

"Look," said Ash, "If you don't want to tell me, that's fine. You don't have to."

I shook my head, "It's alright. I need to tell someone anyway." I took a deep breath, "First of all, I live in a world where Pokemon don't exist..."

Inside the Ship (3rd Person P.O.V.)

"Still no sign of them ma'am,"

"Well, I suggest you keep looking then," said Hunter J, no emotion in her voice.

"I-I do-don't think we can f-find them again," stuttered the man.

J rolled her eyes her henchmen were useful, but they could be annoying at times. "Use the Psychic Sensor then, do whatever you have to to find them!"

"Right away ma'am!" the man quickly dashed to the side of the ship "Attention! Activate Psychic Sensors immediately!"

Almost immediately, several men went to work deploying a large radar. This large machine could detect almost any psychic-type Pokemon in existence. A hatch creaked as it opened to reveal the machine. One of the men pressed a button and a pulse of energy shot out of the radar. All the men watched as the radar loaded a picture of their surroundings. There were several tiny dots, signifying a few wild psychic Pokemon and a cluster of them in the nearby town. One dot, however, stood out from the rest. It was much larger than any of the other dots and was moving at a rapid pace.

"Ma'am we found something!"

'Finally,' Thought Hunter J as she got up from her chair. "You located the Latios and the Latias?"