Chapter 2

Chapter 2
__________________

Movie Night

The next morning I wake up with a slight headache. Drinking coffee before bed was a bad idea but I couldn't say no to Wanda. I climb out of the bed slowly, not wanting to leave the comfort of the sheets. The mattress is so much comfier than mine, I sank into it. Like a cloud of marshmallow. The sound of pattering feet can be heard on the other side of the door and I grab my clothes to put them back on. When I get home, I'll shower and change into clean clothes. 

I enter the kitchen downstairs to announce that I'll be leaving. Tommy and Billie are sitting at the dining table, each with a bowl of cereal. Wanda is standing by the coffee machine, two mugs prepared.

"Morning" I say and she turns to me with a warming smile.

"Good morning, I've made you some coffee" She pushes a cup towards the edge of the counter top and I grab it.

"You didn't have to, I was about to leave" The fact that she let me stay the night was one thing but now she's preparing me coffee too. If this woman is trying to make me fall in love with her, she's succeeding.

"No one can function without coffee on a morning" The brunette offers me a smile before preparing her sons' bags for school.

"Will you be able to get here at four tonight?" She asks me and I give her a simple 'yeah' in response. I don't have any thing else to do today.

"Perfect" The woman mumbles and I quickly finish the coffee before cleaning the mug and placing it away in the cupboard again. I notice that Wanda chuckles at me as I do this, still not believing that someone of the male species can clean up after themselves.

Then I say my goodbyes to everyone and Wanda hands me the cash before I leave the Maximoff house feeling buzzed from the strong coffee. Also because I know I get to see her again tonight. Something about that woman is so captivating.

                                           — • —

It's almost ten when I finally walk through the front door of my home. My shoes are covered in dirt as I had to walk across the muddy field to cross town. Otherwise my twenty minute walk would have been over an hour. The smell of freshly cooked pancakes wafts under my nose as I leave my shoes by the front door and remove my trousers. The bottom of them being covered in muck so I don't want to trail that through the house. I throw them into the washing machine and take off my jumper too, leaving only my boxers and undershirt on.

"Y/n?" My mom calls out and I enter the kitchen to find her putting pancakes onto a large plate.

"Why are you half naked" She laughs as I open the fridge to grab a drink.

"Well it's either this or I drag muck through your clean carpets" I reply with a sarcastic tone to which my mother scoffs.

"Fair point" She mutters and I walk around the kitchen to grab a pancake. They're so warm and fluffy.

"Your father wanted me to tell you that he got tickets to the game this weekend" My mom says and I feel my face light up. My dad and I have always bonded over our shared love for baseball.