3|| 𝐀 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐥!

(Do not copy)

Happy Reading!!

AFINA's POV:

"I told you I am not marrying ever, be it an angel like guy" I said maybe for the 100th time this week to my family.

"𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒖𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒅𝒆"said Mahi in a very calm tone as if she had been married, making Abba choke on his food.

And after the whole coughing session Abba said to me in a disappointed voice with eyes as cold as those days ,"I should never expect anything from you!"

Leaving his dinner in the middle of eating, he went to his room and my mother lashed out at me making me startled,"It's always you behaving like a rebel , can't you think about us?!"

I can feel my heart race , sweat beads forming on my forehead and the suffocation like a rope being tied to my neck and I couldn't take it anymore.

I ran out of the dining room , not listening to any of their calls and rushing into my bedroom, I locked the door though I can feel my tears running down my cheeks but I can't keep crying helplessly.

Taking out those anxiety pills from the bedside drawer I chugged down a few pills at once and started counting breathlessly"1 , 2, 3...." and when I could finally breathe normally, I couldn't Stop myself but think that why do they have to trigger me always.

I don't know when I even fell sleep in the floor next to my bed last night and its 6:00 a.m. already!!

God I also have a trial today!

But getting up from the floor and sitting on my bed,I think that maybe I should have just got lost somewhere, nobody could ever find me and I could live without the problems of getting married!!

Suddenly I heard a knock on my door and when I open it-it was Mahi "you know don't mind whatever Ammi and Abba say!!"

she paused a little and continued in a low tone with sadness reflecting in her eyes "did you take the medicines last night?"

I just hummed in agreement and the next moment Mahi burst out in tears making me startled and to stop her from weeping, I hugged her tightly and she hid in my embrace like the baby koala she is!

I keep whispering sweet nothing's to her and ultimately after a good 10 minutes of the cry-out-session, she finally stops and looking up from my chest, she kisses me on my cheek making me smile!

"I am sorry --" I cut her off and caressing her hair.

I say "shhh, don't be , Mahi, I am really better than before" she looked at me unsure but nodding with a smile I assured her that I was okay!!

"I can't even help you in any way" Mahi sulked breaking the hug and laying on my bed.

To which I reply squinting my eyes "You do give me free skincare products every month that freaking costs half my monthly expenses!!"

She laughs , finally, and says glaring at me,"You don't use it regularly!"

"I have an important trial today , go to your room , I need to get ready " I say avoiding the topic before she rambles on about the necessities of skincare.