𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐄

Start from the beginning

Y/n cast those thoughts from his mind quickly.

"You're not eating it yourself?" Y/n frowned, tilting his head. "You only got a single scoop. Wasn't it your favorite?"

"The chef ran out of strawberries. I asked them to run down the store to get more. Why don't you feed me a scoop, then?" Andrei cooed. His voice was terribly lilting. Terribly enchanting, and in light of the new memories Y/n had regained, he had found himself—frighteningly—to be easily swayed by the man. His forest green eyes had little stars and constellations in them that twinkled merrily at him and his dimples—oh heavens, his dimples—they were adorable.

Y/n had to flicker his gaze somewhere else.

"You should have told me earlier. I must have looked like a glutton," Y/n murmured, embarrassed. He scooped up a small scoop and was about to pass the spoon to Andrei, but the golden haired man looked at him expectantly.

"—I thought you wanted a..." it took a while for Y/n to slowly get what Andrei was hinting at. "...oh," he said tonelessly, "you want me to feed you."

"Right." Andrei hummed. It was maddening how the Tsar knew exactly what he was doing; like a predator coaxing his prey to do his bidding. And it was even more terrifying that Y/n abided, and gingerly brought the strawberry ice cream to the Tsar's lips. Andrei swallowed it down, and murmured softly.

"How pleasant indeed."

"The chef really did—"

"How pleasant the sight is," Andrei corrected. "I must say, it certainly brings back fond memories to such a familiar sight. You try your hardest not to smile at me when you feed me. Must you be so adorable, Moy Sladkiy?"

I wasn't trying to hide a smile.

"...Don't you have work?" Y/n sighed after a stretch of silence. "Or are you going to claim that you are the leader, and thus you are free to have off days as you wish?"

"As unfortunate as it is, I do have a rather important meaning today." The green eyes bored right into Y/n's own. "Will you miss me, Y/n?" His words were deliberate, slow, and cunning. The smile on his face was beginning to morph into a satisfied smirk. Y/n was acutely aware that the tip of his ears were beginning to redden, and he popped the last of the ice cream in his mouth so as to avoid answering.

"See you," Andrei whispered softly, ruffling Y/n's hair. His lips planted on Y/n's cheek in a chaste, quick motion, but Y/n could still feel its touch lingering long after Andrei pulled away."

"See you, Andrei." Y/n murmured back, and the light on the Tsar's eyes was enough to make Y/n feel happy; in a way. Fulfilled, endearing. Y/n smiled at him slowly, and Andrei closed the door gently behind him.

It was funny how fast the room became so empty after his presence left.

Actually, Y/n thought to himself, shouldn't I go to get ice cream for him? I'm pretty sure that's a place down the road...

.

.

.

.

The ice cream in the tub was already beginning to melt. Y/n didn't put it in the freezer as it meant he had to enter the kitchen—and that would also mean bumping into people he didn't know. Y/n knew he was safe with Andrei, but for the moment the Tsar was away, and Y/n was alone; with no safety backing him. Y/n had been trained in self defense once, but against a deadly weapon like a gun he did not trust himself to make it out alive.