twenty eight.

Ground Rules
Pairing: Macgyver x FemReader
Warnings: fluff, minor angst, just two first time parents trying to figure it out
Summary: Much to your dismay your shared child seems to take after Mac and his curious ways. You had heard the stories about his unique childhood and if you didn't get it under control soon, your daughter was bound to follow right in his foot steps.
word count: 1.5k
a/n: thank you so much for the request @geekdom22 , this was such a fun concept to write!

5ka/n: thank you so much for the request @geekdom22 , this was such a fun concept to write!

When you had first started dating Mac there had never really been any rules. It wasn't until you moved in together you finally had to put some in place. You had you tripped over one to many contraptions and been a little too close to some minor explosions that had you deciding on no experiments in the house. After a minor fight he finally agreed and Mac followed that rule to the best of his abilities and you appreciated him for it.

What you had never expected was having a kid just like him. You don't know why it never crossed your mind that it was possible for your child to have Mac's intelligence. To be honest you wished you would've and you could've prepared yourself for all that was to come with a curious mind desperate to learn. You had heard all those stories about Mac when he was a kid, blowing up football fields and smoking out labs, but none of it ever really felt real until now. They finally felt real because your daughter had now taken it upon herself to do science experiments anywhere she can.

You had left for only ten minutes. That was it. Ten peaceful minutes to go out and do some minor yard work. She was reading a Nancy Drew book on the couch when you left but when you had returned, the eight year old girl had covered the kitchen in what looked like some sort of green foam. It takes your mind only a second to go haywire, panic setting in, fear of chemicals, and misdirected anger at your husband.

"Jackie! What is going on?" you rush towards her, making quick work of pulling her away from the mess.

"Elephant toothpaste, I saw it on TV and Dad told me how to make it" you were sure smoke was steaming out of your ears by now. As proud as you were for how smart your daughter was, these actions could become hazardous.

"Honey, I need you to tell me what exactly is in elephant toothpaste?" you ask as calmly as you can, keeping your voice even as if to not scare her off.

"Hydrogen peroxide, yeast, dish soap, water, and food coloring for some fun!" she claps excitedly, eyeing that very mixture on the kitchen counter. Now calming over the harmless ingredients you look at where she has some foam now stuck in her curly blonde hair.

"All that made a huge mess in my kitchen?" you ask, reaching for a dish towel and wiping away as much as you can in her hair.

"Well I tripled the recipe for a bigger explosion" she says as if the sentence alone doesn't make your heart stutter. Letting out a deep sigh you stand back up and start to guide her to the bathroom.