14 • THE PRINCE AND THE LADY

Start from the beginning

Indeed she is pretty to look upon, he swore as he drank in her sophisticated beauty.

Truly, Alicent had to admit, Geralt was tall and masculine, he had an intimidating aura yet he looked like a demigod of perfection, so masculine, yet dangerous, the stench of his musky fragrance mixed with his sweat was wild.

"Pr-prince G-geralt." Alicent stuttered, her heart pumped up and fell gently while he held his gaze.

"I thought court maidens don't stutter?" Geralt says incredulously.

Alicent sighs. "Believe it or no I don't stutter." She says taking steps away from him, breathing gently.

Geralt smirks and then stretched out his hands open, quickly Alicent takes her mother's necklace from his palm.

"Thank you." she says with gratitude as she leaves his side, but fortunately Geralt gently grabs her soft wrist, stopping her in her tracks.

Whimpers, Alicent blinks and turns to see him holding her wrist, her spine ran cold, his hard hands sent shivers down her entire body, slowly she looked up to meet his gaze and opens her mouth to speak but Geralt cuts her off abruptly.

"I didn't say you could leave Lady Alicent." Geralt says Alicent stared at him in silence.

Now she didn't appreciate his behavior, there were men around, anyone could report her to her father and Alicent didn't want a lecture from her father nor get reprimanded by him, yet her inner child basked under Geralt's dangerous gaze.

"People are watching us my prince." Alicent reminds him of his station.

"I don't see any one playing us any attention except for spinning swords." Geralt counters.

Alicent was glad he finally noticed her, not until she clears her throat. Gently, Geralt let's go of her hand and sighs, pinning his sword to the ground and folds his arm over his hard chest.

Alicent eyes his twitching muscles and faced him, with the manuscript clutched to her chest and her head high like the beacon on the Hightower at old town.

"Why were you out last night?" He held her gaze.

Alicent pursed my lips. "Fresh air." She says breezily.

"Fresh air? At the dark hour?"

"With all due respect my prince, i was out for some fresh air and I was bored, so I came out to read." Alicent vindicated, staring at his sculptured face, Geralt's gaze shifted to the manuscript clutched to her chest and then back to her face.

"If you were out to read, then why did you run when I saw you?"

"I did not run."

"You ran like you saw a ghost." Geralt counters.

"I didn't run, I just retired back home."

"You're lying again Lady Alicent,"

"I'm not a liar."

"Lying is a sin. I don't like girls who lie." Geralt came closer, two inch away from her.

Alicent suck in her breath and shuddered.

"You were outside, you saw me, and you ran. Did you not?" He asked in a rasped voice, Alicent could see the glint in his yellow-gold eyes, outrightly judging her yet tempting her very existence.

"I..." She paused, goosebumps were now slightly visible on her body. The Prince was too close to her, she couldn't breathe.

"I.......I ..."

Geralt inclined his head. "You...? I thought you said you don't stutter" he arched his brow, mused by her actions.

"I thought you might get vexed seeing someone was intruding your privacy." Alicent tells him, taking few steps backwards.