chapter eighteen: your presence

Comenzar desde el principio

♡♡♡

When Jungkook entered the salon with Chaeyoung, he was shocked at how the staff were treating them. Two of the staff seemed very friendly and very attentive to what Chaeyoung requested. When she introduced him to them, they teased her, saying that she now has a boyfriend to show them.

"Oh, Chaeyoung. You're here.", a new person appeared from the back, smiling as she approached Chaeyoung and hugged her.

"Jen unnie, there you are!", Chaeyoung replied.

"Of course, I'm here. I just got back from lunch actually and now I'm back so...let me know how I can serve you.", Jennie said excitedly.

Chaeyoung nodded, "I've informed your staff, unnie."

"Ms Kim, they want to dye their hair and we suggested them the new packages we offer. Ms Park agreed with the second choice, Ms Kim.", the staff that served Chaeyoung earlier let Jennie know what Chaeyoung had decided.

"Wait...", Jennie looked up and turned to Jungkook. "Is he your boyfriend?", she pointed at him with a smile given to Chaeyoung.

The younger lady shook her head, "He's just a friend, unnie. His name is Jungkook and Jungkook, this is the salon owner, Jennie."

Jungkook smiled at Jennie.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you're her boyfriend. She's been single too long, you should try..."

"Unnie, I can hear you.", Chaeyoung said, scratching her neck as she smiled shyly.

"Aha, okay. We should get to work. Let's get you two ready, shall we?", Jennie got serious again at her work.

♡♡♡

After a long four hours of treatment at Ode Atelier Salon & Spa, both Jungkook and Chaeyoung finally got their new matching dirty blonde hairs done in the late afternoon.

"What do you think?", Jennie asked as the two stood up from the chairs.

Both of them looked at themselves in front of the mirror. Chaeyoung did a twirl before looking at Jungkook and asked him to do it too. Then, she looked at Jennie and her staff before smiling in satisfaction.

"Thank you, unnie. This is perfect, as always.", she said to Jennie.

"You two should take a photo together.", the staff suggested.

"Oh, yeah. Chaeyoung, as usual. Promote us to your followers.", Jennie added with a big smile on her face.

Chaeyoung nodded as she started taking photos of herself while Jungkook watched her making different poses for the photos.

"How about a photo of you two together?", Jennie asked. "Here, let me help.", she took Chaeyoung's phone before the younger can refuse. "Jungkook, get closer to Chaeyoung, please.", she instructed.

Jungkook looked at Chaeyoung as he stepped closer to her side. Jennie asked them to smile, and they did, but Jennie seemed not to like the photo she took. She instructed them to relax as they looked awkward on that photo.

"Jungkook, could you please put your arm around Chaeyoung?", she said to him.

He looked at Chaeyoung carefully. He did not want her to feel uncomfortable with him. If she looked uneasy with the instruction, he would not do it.

"Here."unexpectedly, Chaeyoung took his arm and put it over her shoulders. "Is this alright, unnie?", she asked as she smiled to the camera.

Jennie smiled, "Okay."

"Let's take one more. Jungkook, turn around. Just show our backs.", Chaeyoung said as she turned around.

Jungkook copied her as she clung her left arm with him beside her while her right hand made a peace sign.